Darius Walker is declaring for the draft

bartshan-83

Surprising, but actually a pretty good move on his part. He was a very good, but not great college RB who lacked speed to be a true threat. His pass catching ability and uncanny vision (seriously, the dude saw the field better than any college back I've ever seen) could get him a good job as a 3rd down back somewhere. I don't see him being more than a 3rd round pick though.

Will hurt ND next year, but it will just force the young guns to hit the ground running as Clausen and Co. prepare for our back-to-back-to-back NATL title run in 2008. :pirate:

Surprising, but actually a pretty good move on his part. He was a very good, but not great college RB who lacked speed to be a true threat. His pass catching ability and uncanny vision (seriously, the dude saw the field better than any college back I've ever seen) could get him a good job as a 3rd down back somewhere. I don't see him being more than a 3rd round pick though.

Will hurt ND next year, but it will just force the young guns to hit the ground running as Clausen and Co. prepare for our back-to-back-to-back NATL title run in 2008. :pirate:

Good for Walker. I remember years ago, when Marquette center Jim Chones left early to join the NBA with a hefty contract. When asked about it, Coach Maguire remarked "I've seen the Chones' family refrigerator".

Your description of Walker reminds me of the B'gals Kenny Watson. Players like that are a big asset.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.