Are broadcast games to become endangered?

stuckincincy

Unholy alliances forming?

The NFL Network showed 2 college bowl games - the Texas Bowl, and another that I forget.

During the college season, some games of interest in the Cincy area were carried by the ESPNU channel...not offered here on cable...ESPN like NFL Network being involved in a battle with T-W, those 2 wanting all T-W customers to pay (it would generate over a million bucks per month for NFL Network, regardless if watched).

Also, the basketball game of the season - UC vs. Xavier, was exclusive to ESPNU.

As I understand it, colleges arrive at some monetary agreement with ESPN.

So I'm wondering, especially in light of these escalating coach salaries, if more and more NCAA games will be going to more-or-less "pay per view" as colleges look for sweeter deals...

PS - Here's a bit of a breakdown of the contract of the new UC football coach, Brian Kelly (who took over for Mark Dantonio, who left the bowl-bound club for more $$$) that was published in the morning paper here. First time I saw some details of one.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...100407/1062/SPT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.