Michael Bush to turn pro, forgo return to Louisville

JuanGuzman

Louisville running back Michael Bush will announce Tuesday he plans to declare for the NFL draft.

Bush, who broke his right leg against Kentucky in September after rushing for 128 yards and 3 TDs, had the option of entering the draft or taking a medical redshirt from the NCAA. He is expected to make the announcement at 11:30 a.m. ET.

Bush ran for an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns as a junior in 2005.

Link

I have no idea where a guy like him ranks among rb's coming off breaking his leg. But he is bigback with a unique set of skills. IMO he is better than Kenny Irons, I would probably rate him higher than lynch but its a toss up.

Tough to say with that injury of his. He might drop to 2nd possibly 3rd round. There are alot of RB's in this draft that are worth taking before him. But thats only due to his injury. Hes a good talent. Just not sure where he falls. When Petrino was hired by the Falcons I knew for a fact he would come out.....whats the sense of staying.

What I believe the Bills (or any team) should get with the number 12 pick is an impact player... someone you can plug in as a competent starter from day one and get a reasonable return on the investment. I don't know that there is such a player @ #12 this year for the Bills.

However, with all these juniors coming out early (Michael Bush too, even though he's technically a senior), the Bills are in a good position draft wise. There very well could be a few players @ #12 that the Bills would pass on because they're set at the specific position(s). A team that either has a lower pick or no pick in the 1st round could potentially move up by partnering up with the Bills in a trade. The Bills could potentially add another #1 or #2, and even a player or more picks. This would be extremely good for a few reasons. 1... Next year's draft could be a tad watered down because of the juniors coming out this year. 2... it's said to be a deep year for receivers, 3... with the addition of the juniors to this draft, potential #1s slide to round 2 and #2's to round 3. So garnering extra picks may be a good thing in this draft, to maybe go after a Bush or similar player.

Bush could very easily drop to the second. If he does, the Bills should look long and hard at him. He would be great, young backup on Willis. I just don't think that many teams need RBs in the first round to have him go then.

What I believe the Bills (or any team) should get with the number 12 pick is an impact player... someone you can plug in as a competent starter from day one and get a reasonable return on the investment. I don't know that there is such a player @ #12 this year for the Bills.

However, with all these juniors coming out early (Michael Bush too, even though he's technically a senior), the Bills are in a good position draft wise. There very well could be a few players @ #12 that the Bills would pass on because they're set at the specific position(s). A team that either has a lower pick or no pick in the 1st round could potentially move up by partnering up with the Bills in a trade. The Bills could potentially add another #1 or #2, and even a player or more picks. This would be extremely good for a few reasons. 1... Next year's draft could be a tad watered down because of the juniors coming out this year. 2... it's said to be a deep year for receivers, 3... with the addition of the juniors to this draft, potential #1s slide to round 2 and #2's to round 3. So garnering extra picks may be a good thing in this draft, to maybe go after a Bush or similar player.

Thats a good point. Im glad you brought that up! I have complete faith in the guys our staff go after. I mean look at this year. We had several rookies start on defense. Not only did they start, they were an impact and they were late round picks. Not many teams had that this year. The Bills were a team that depended HIGHLY on ALL their 2006 draft picks.

This is the only reason, I some what disagree with you. I agree that this draft is not one of the more popular ones, but I do feel there are guys in the draft that will start immediately. And I do have the faith Buffalo will find that guy with the 12th pick.

But, whos to say Buffalo's guy is a late first rounder and Buffalo trades the #12 spot for more picks. Thats another possibility Buffalo can have. If they are not looking for the high price, big name draft pick with the 12th pick, they can go after the guy they want later in the first and obtain another pick for the 12th pick, which honestly I wouldnt mind! Id love to have quality along with quanity.....if that makes sense.