Focus on Fletcher

merlin

I think Clements is as good as gone, so I hope Marv et al are focusing on doing whatever they can to try and re-sign Fletcher. He and Nate are the 2 most consistent players on D, and I just don't think we have a chance of satisfying Nate's contract demands. But Fletcher ought to be able to be re-signed. Though it's unfair, he doesn't have the kind of "reputation" on a national level that Clements does, plus his age will work against him to some extent. The wild-card, of course, is his agent (Rosenhaus). Maybe they can work out a "two-fer" deal - agree to re-do McGahee's contract (but make it heavily incentive-laden), and re-sign Fletcher at the same time.

GO BILLS!

I think Clements is as good as gone, so I hope Marv et al are focusing on doing whatever they can to try and re-sign Fletcher. He and Nate are the 2 most consistent players on D, and I just don't think we have a chance of satisfying Nate's contract demands. But Fletcher ought to be able to be re-signed. Though it's unfair, he doesn't have the kind of "reputation" on a national level that Clements does, plus his age will work against him to some extent. The wild-card, of course, is his agent (Rosenhaus). Maybe they can work out a "two-fer" deal - agree to re-do McGahee's contract (but make it heavily incentive-laden), and re-sign Fletcher at the same time.

GO BILLS!

I agree Clements is to money hungry to even consider the possibility of his return, I remember Pat Williams was willing to take a pay cut to stay in Buffalo and TD let him go anyway, Clements is anything but willing to take less money.