This game Reminds Me

East Brady

Playoff loss in Cleveland in January 89. The team played really well except for some breakdowns here and there. Special teams give up a couple of long returns at crucial times. Royals not getting the toe down was about the same as Ronnie Harmons drop in the endzone and the last set of downs was was equal to the kelly interception to Clay Matthews to end the game.

It was the most exciting game of the day and probably the weekend.

Sure we can obviously blame the defence for the loss but the offence is equally to blame because they left way way to many points on the field.....On a day when the defence could not get the big stop late, the offence failed to blow the game wide open in the 3rd qt with the wind at their backs and in my mind that is what ultimately cost us the game....If the offence puts up another Td or 2 in 3rd qt the whole game changes and tenn. has to start throwing the ball down by 3 scores...While the defence is taking all the heat, it in reality was a total team loss by little breakdowns in each phase of the game.

We have the makings of a very good football team next season, maybe one that can break through and make a serious run at getting deep into the playoffs.

For those that watched the game, you gotta admit, we left alot of points on the field prior to the fourth qt and that ultimately cost us...........We should have been up by 20 points going into the fourth qt., Jp played very very well.........

It was a total team loss guys, and it sucks to miss the playoffs again, but we are heading down the right road and I can feel very good aboout that.......... :thumbdown:

YOu make excellent points, we played in their half of the field the entire 3rd quarter and couldn't put them away. In addition, our first trip into the red zone should have resulted in a TD if DJ would have given 21 the ball three times from point blank. Also, Royal's play was a major mental breakdown on his part.