The Sabres Store...UPDATE

One of Schopp's favorite topics, thee. I was listening one afternoon when someone supposedly connected with a distributor called in and said the Sabres held off on ordering their merchandise until just before the start of the season. (Along the same lines as trying to keep the logo a secret, I suppose.) Were they concerned about the hue-and-cry about the slug -- ordering a bunch of product, then having it gather dust? Dunno. Either way, if that date was true, it didn't give Rbk much in the way of turnaround time.

And yeah, based on the jersey prices on the secondary market (ebay and such), they screwed up...

One of Schopp's favorite topics, thee. I was listening one afternoon when someone supposedly connected with a distributor called in and said the Sabres held off on ordering their merchandise until just before the start of the season. (Along the same lines as trying to keep the logo a secret, I suppose.) Were they concerned about the hue-and-cry about the slug -- ordering a bunch of product, then having it gather dust? Dunno. Either way, if that date was true, it didn't give Rbk much in the way of turnaround time.

And yeah, based on the jersey prices on the secondary market (ebay and such), they screwed up...

874445[/snapback]

Well I just ordered my 1981 Sabres Home White Jersey (2 days ago, instead of the current third Jersey I would have bought).

Number 22- Ruff on the back, Captain "C" on the front.

Old School with a mix of one of the classiest guys to play on and now coach the team. :doh:

Well I just ordered my 1981 Sabres Home White Jersey (2 days ago, instead of the current third Jersey I would have bought).

Number 22- Ruff on the back, Captain "C" on the front.

Old School with a mix of one of the classiest guys to play on and now coach the team. :doh:

874452[/snapback]

Sounds like you're not the only one -- I was in Sports Locker Monday, noticed they had a couple of vintage home whites on a rack. The guy I was talking to saw me look at them and said, "If you want one you'd better get it now; there were 30 there yesterday."

From time to time, I've actually considered picking up a white LaFontaine shirt. That'll always be a classic look.