Interesting stats...

bartshan-83

In an attempt to do anything but study for my last law final of the semester last night, I was just checking through some team stats for the Bills. Just some stuff I thought was interesting:

The Good

- Our defense leads the league in fewest 1st downs allowed due to penalty (8). Compare that with New England who is dead last (28). Pretty nice to have a defense that doesn't just hand over first downs in addition to the ones that are earned.

- We are 5th in total sacks (36.0).

- Since we "opened the offense up" 4 weeks ago, our pass blocking has improved tremendously. In the last 4 games we have averaged 31 passing plays per game and allowed only 7 sacks (sorry Hochuli, not counting that bullsht in the grasp :thumbsup: ). This works out to 1 sack per 18 drop backs. In the prior 9 games, we had averaged 28 passing plays and allowed 30 sacks. That works out to 1 sack per 8.5 drop backs. A Bills offensive line to be proud of...who would have thought? :lol:

- Since the bye week, we have drastically cut our penalties. In those first 7 games, we had committed 50 penalties (7 per game) and in the previous 6, only 24 (4 per game). No more of those ridiculous delay of game disasters AFTER a timeout.

The Bad

- We are 26th in total takeaways (18) and 29th in INTs (8). Yet, maybe it's just me but we seem to be getting them at the right times lately.

The Ugly

- Our offense is dead last in 1st downs (189), 31st in 3rd down % (31.1) and 30th in total offense (258.8).

And some random Losman bits:

- Better rating in the 2nd half than the 1st (87.2 vs 82.0)

- Shtty on 3rd down (62.4) and ungodly awful on 3rd and 8-10 (rating of 7.3) yet strangely very good on 3rd and 3-7 (112.8) and 11+ (89.3).

- Perfect QB rating when 7+ defenders line up on the LOS (4-4 77 yds 2 TDs). Handles those suicide blitzes/goal line stands pretty well I guess.

Anyway, hope you enjoy...I'm off to celebrate not looking at a casebook for 4 weeks and trying to forget as many rules of civil procedure and estate conveyances as possible. :huh::lol::ph34r::lol: