Which QB to Start?

JDG

Which QB to Start?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB to Start?

• Michael Vick vs. Detroit
    • David Carr vs. Minnesota

My League gives one point for 10 rushing yards, so I always keep beliving that Vick is going to break out with even a modest passing day... Unfortunately, he hasn't had a modest passing day yet, although the injury-riddled Lions are coming to town.

Meanwhile, my other option is David Carr, who after falling flat on his face in Week 1, has put up some solid games on my bench... and now he has an attractive matchip at home vs. the Vikings, in a game that should be a shootout and a team that doesn't have a single INT all year.

Thoughts?

JDG

Here's some info from Yahoo - with both listed as "strong plays"

David Carr, Houston Texans vs. Minnesota Vikings

Carr makes our strong plays once again, and why not, he has played far above expectations this season. One might say that would

make him due for a weak outing - possibly, but not this week against the Vikings. The Vikings are near the bottom of the league when

it comes to defending the pass - or not defending the pass in this case. This unit is giving up an average of 283 yards and one TD per

game.

Last week, Carr continued to perform well by throwing for 228 yards on only 14 completions (23 attempts). He also threw for one

score. We mentioned how well Carr is playing. Just take a look at these numbers: completion rate of 64 percent, 251 yards and 1 TD

per game. However, Carr is also averaging one pick per game. It should be noted that Carr is also running the ball relatively well

averaging 5.3 carries and 26 yards per game. Like nearly every other QB playing against the Vikings, Carr is a strong play this week.

It is recommended you start him.

Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons vs. Detroit Lions

The Falcons are 4-0, which can be partially contributed to the play of Vick. While Vick's passing game hasn't exactly come around like

some expected, averaging 151 yards and 0.5 TDs while completing 59 percent of his passes, he is making up for it on the ground

where he is averaging 8.5 rushes and 56 yards per game. The odd part is he hasn't scored a rushing TD yet this season and only has

thrown two interceptions.

Vick continues to give defenses fits simply because they have to watch every aspect of his game even though he hasn't been a major

threat in the air. This was evident in the game against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 3 where Vick was contained all game until he

broke a long run toward the end to give the Falcons a decisive victory. Expect that kind of showing this week against the Lions. The

Lions may try to contain Vick on the ground; however, they are giving up 299 yards and 1.3 passing TDs per game.

Thanks for the votes guys, but I'm happy to report that I eventually decided to go with Vick. I just had a feeling that the Atlanta Falcons have been playing ugly, low-scoring games all year, and that the Texans might fall behind the Vikings and have to pass alot.

Little did I know.

And oddly enough, now at this point, Carr is the starter until proven otherwise.....

JDG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.