Re-evaluation Time...

BoondckCL

Now, this is not just because of the win over the Jets. In fact i was thinking about this at work during the Bills game before i was able to watch it.

But how far away are the Bills from making the playoffs? It would be nice if they made it this year, but it seems highly unlikely since some fluke things must happen in order for us to squeeze under the wire.

So what, do you think it is next year? Year after? Year after?

What do you think we are missing and must acquire before we make the playoffs? Who is serviceable? Who is expendable?

I think next year. Marv's philosophy has never been to make it this year. Instead it was his plan to lay a foundation on defense and piece together an offense next year in order to make a push. By acquiring the help on defense, he is allowing for the corner stone of the team next year to be a young defense that has experience enough to win games, and hopefully have an offense that can piece together complete drives.

If we draft a good solid wide receiver or some help on the interior defensive line, i think that the Bills could make a very good case for the playoffs, maybe even get themselves a home game the next year. I think in the draft we will use our first two picks on those positions and upgrade our line via free agency.

Just thought i'd ask. Thoughts?