Evans vs. Reed

Bills | Evans/Reed Split Playing Time - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:09:10 -0700

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills wide receivers Josh Reed and rookie Lee Evans are receiving equal playing time as the starter opposite WR Eric Moulds this year. "They're both starters in our mind," said receivers coach Tyke Tolbert. "Lee and Josh are rotating on every series, so it doesn't matter who starts the game because they are both going to play about the same." Evans has been far more productive this year, catching seven passes for 170 yards while Reed has just four receptions for 47 yards this season.

I knew Evans was playing better than Reed, but almost 4 times the yardage on less than 2 times the catches, and a 24.3 YPC average?! Yow. I didn't like the part about splitting time at starting WR and the "they're both starters in our mind" comment. Hopefully it's just them keeping Reed's spirits up, but maybe a good benching will send a wakeup call.

Josh Reed shouldn't be splitting time at #2 or #3 receiver right now. All Josh Reed has proven to be since he was drafted is a training camp warrior. Every year we hear how great reed looks in camp. How he catches anything near him, however we get into actual games, and Reed has done nothing but prove he has a tendancy to drop catchable balls. He doesn't have the speed or agility to go up against teams #2 corners, honestly He's not even worthy of a #3 spot right now. I'm almost willing to bet Evans/Reed splitting time is a coach's ploy to build up Josh Reed's confidence. However before this season is over I think or starting wr core will be

MOULDS/EVANS/AIKEN/REED/SHAW

Personally I think shaw should be our #3, but due To Aiken/Reed being the draftees he probably won't get the slot. Until Reed Learns to get seperation on routes and actually hold onto the football he's in my Coy Wire Dog House <_<

I knew Evans was playing better than Reed, but almost 4 times the yardage on less than 2 times the catches, and a 24.3 YPC average?!  Yow.  I didn't like the part about splitting time at starting WR and the "they're both starters in our mind" comment.  Hopefully it's just them keeping Reed's spirits up, but maybe a good benching will send a wakeup call.

62743[/snapback]

Different strengths

I knew Evans was playing better than Reed, but almost 4 times the yardage on less than 2 times the catches, and a 24.3 YPC average?!  Yow.  I didn't like the part about splitting time at starting WR and the "they're both starters in our mind" comment.  Hopefully it's just them keeping Reed's spirits up, but maybe a good benching will send a wakeup call.

62743[/snapback]

I agree. The hell with keeping his spirits up. This draft pick was a waste of time,

the 36th overall pick.

2002 Pick Name Pos. School

1. Mike Williams T Texas (4)

2a. Josh Reed WR LSU (36)

I agree.  The hell with keeping his spirits up.  This draft pick was a waste of time,

the 36th overall pick.

2002 Pick Name Pos. School

1. Mike Williams  T Texas (4)

2a. Josh Reed  WR LSU (36)

62927[/snapback]

might want to add

2b. Ryan Denney DE BYU (61)

3. Coy Wire S Stanford (97)

way to go donahoe