Cap space for next year

It seems like only a couple years ago, the salary cap was in the $60 million range.  The increases are becoming out of control.  Guys like Schobel are getting absolutly screwed because they signed deals 2 years ago and the cap has gone up 30% since then.  Keeping Clements, Kelsay, or Fletcher is going to be very difficult because there is so much cap space available to the 32 teams.  It has gotten to the point where a billion dollar owner is a necessity in order to keep up.

863308[/snapback]

Thus why I welcome Tom Golisano. I say Ralph makes him part owner now and upon Ralphs passing, Tom takes full reigns of the team.

On one hand, I remember the glory years when Ralph had no problem with the Bills being among the league leaders in team salary. So I have always believed that it was unfair to call him a cheapskate...

On the other hand, he was really the only owner who was vocally against the CBA extension. (Mike Brown also voted it down, but he' remained somewhat quiet on the subject.) Thus, Ralph has been crying poverty with the latest revenue sharing rules -- and it may hurt his cause to shell out top money for the likes of Clements/Fletcher.

Let's just hope that Marv can talk some sense into him about the importance of continuity...