Does anyone have statistics on '06 NFL blackouts?

Why do people bring up the Sabres? The Sabres to sell out an entire season needs to sell what? About 750,000 tickets right? The Bills to sell out EIGHT games need to sell over 1,100,000 + .... thats the huge difference. Also isnt the average Sabres ticket about $10 less? Combine that with church, jobs (Sabres games usually at night, not in the middle of the day) ... etc and you have your reason (imo)

846585[/snapback]

daquixers, i'm not following your numbers...

Ralph Wilson stadium sits just under 74,000 people.

74000 X 8 regular season games a year = 592,000 tickets.

Sabres play what, 40 games at HSBC that sits just under 19,000?

18,690 X 40 games a year = 680,000

Numbers above are just estimates; but I don't see where the Bills have to sell over a million tickets a year for a regular season.

I also don't buy this excuse:

"Combine that with church, jobs (Sabres games usually at night, not in the middle of the day) ... etc and you have your reason (imo)"

With a fan base that spreads from Rochester to Southern Ontario, there is no excuse for the Bills not to sell out the game before the blackout deadline.

Is it true they are down to a couple thousand tickets? If that's the case - Ralph should either buy the tickets and donate them to the service men/women in our area and their families OR find a company to buy them out.

Last 28 home games approximately 2,000,000 seats sold

8,000  seats unsold

The Bills orginization should be thankful there has only been 1 blackout in the last 3 1/2 seasons.  Between putting a crappy product on the field for almost a decade and the success of the Buffalo Sabres (who have sold out their entire 41 game home schedule this year). I'd say the Bills fans have done a good job supporting the team.  Maybe a few games not selling out will force the Bills to step up their game and make a few good player signings that will get the fringe fans out to the stadium.

846463[/snapback]

I understand that and I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years now. I had to move out to California but kept my tickets and they are still used by family when I am not there.

I would give anything to be there again I dont care what their record is...It is NFL football.

My point is in many of the Sell outs for the Bills the other team provided anywhere from 15 to 25k of the sales. (Raiders, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets) Should I continue?

I love the fact that Sabres have sold out as well but still am not understanding how 8,000 dirty Leaf fans can show up....People need to stop selling their tickets to them