DE's

YOOOOOO

Why are the DE's pass rushing on every down(the last 3 weeks)....they over persue giving up these big gaps, that i could drive my SUV thru...I could understand it on 3rd down and being beat on a draw....but everydown its just making there job easier....

Is this some new Fewell strategy???

and while I'm at it....Why do our blitzers always look for contact instead of trying to make a move and avoid the block.....None of our blitzers make any type of juke move....they just try to run over any blocker that confronts them....

Why are the DE's pass rushing on every down(the last 3 weeks)....they over persue giving up these big gaps, that i could drive my SUV thru...I could understand it on 3rd down and being beat on a draw....but everydown its just making there job easier....

Is this some new Fewell strategy???

and while I'm at it....Why do our blitzers always look for contact instead of trying to make a move and avoid the block.....None of our blitzers make any type of juke move....they just try to run over any blocker that confronts them....

842732[/snapback]

I noticed that also, the DE's are getting burned because they overextend themselves and form a circular pocket around the opposing QB forcing them to have to work harder to get the passer. The result is usually a huge run or a nice pass but on occasion a sack will occur. It's tough to decide if the risk outweighs the potential results.

The speed rush upfield is Schobel's m.o. He sells himself out to get his one sack per game, while the right side is constantly gashed in the running game. I hope that is the plan, and it's just the guys behind Schobel missing tackles or not filling gaps. I doubt Schobel would continue to take himself out of the play consistently if the coaches told him not to. At least I would hope not. But I think this method contributes to both Schobel's solid sack numbers, and the Bills pourous run defense.

I think the point is that Whitner was throwing himself right into those bodies instead of staying outside. He did that twice trying to be aggressive and go for the loss. Its fine though. Rookie mistakes. The good thing about Whitner is that he seems to be learning from his miscues each week. I think Simpson and McGee played some pretty good ball.