Da Ali G Marathon....

ajzepp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a panel of four stuffy white people....

"Check it...do you think that, like, clever people should be able to vote more times than, say, stupid bloaks? I mean, why should I get to vote the same number of times as some "ignoranus"?" ;)

Is there a bigger jagoff on the planet than Andy Rooney?? I don't care how good of a journalist he may be, he's a prick.

By the way, do you guys think there's any chance that Cohen will promote the Bruno character enough to where we think that's what's coming, but in reality he's got a 4th character brewing behind the scenes who will end up being the main character of his next flick?

Geesh, that's surprising!  Wonder why he dropped the ball with the film  <_<

I don't know if you guys remember the Ali G segment with donald trump and the other business executives where he was pitching a few ideas, but that was great!  I also loved the one where he had the media guys (including the one guy from the morality in media organizatin, lol) discussing violence and sex on tv. Good stuff!  I even laughed at a Bruno segment!  :D

828634[/snapback]

the movie sucked because it was SCRIPTED. the thing that makes the ali g show so great is the "candid camera" aspect of all these dimwits not realizing the joke's on them.

i have seen all 12 episodes and i think it is some of the funniest sh-- i have ever seen. haven't seen the borat movie, but i remember last year that the rodeo stunt he pulled in richmond was in the papers....it said that they were ready to lynch him!

the movie sucked because it was SCRIPTED.  the thing that makes the ali g show so great is the "candid camera" aspect of all these dimwits not realizing the joke's on them.

i have seen all 12 episodes and i think it is some of the funniest sh-- i have ever seen.  haven't seen the borat movie, but i remember last year that the rodeo stunt he pulled in richmond was in the papers....it said that they were ready to lynch him!

830202[/snapback]

Oh, hell, if it's scripted then I totally agree with you. I definitely won't watch it now.

I just finished the last episode and loved it. Even Bruno was starting to get funny to me. He seems like a bit of a one trick pony, though, so if he's going to make a feature flm out of this character then he needs to really come up with some good schtick.

Is there a bigger jagoff on the planet than Andy Rooney?? I don't care how good of a journalist he may be, he's a prick.

By the way, do you guys think there's any chance that Cohen will promote the Bruno character enough to where we think that's what's coming, but in reality he's got a 4th character brewing behind the scenes who will end up being the main character of his next flick?

830192[/snapback]

I actually don't think a Bruno movie is a good idea. Partially, my own personal opinion, I think Bruno is his weakest character (although he does have his moments).

But also because it is almost a lock to be a disappointment. Borat's success is spreading like wildfire and after the smoke clears, people are going to expect him to top it when he does the Bruno movie. That's just not gonna happen...

As to your question, I really hope he can come up with some new characters. I mean Ali G and Borat are done. No new material may ever come from either of them. Cohen is smart enough to think of new ways to embarrass people, the challenge will be finding a the right medium.

I actually don't think a Bruno movie is a good idea.  Partially, my own personal opinion, I think Bruno is his weakest character (although he does have his moments).

But also because it is almost a lock to be a disappointment.  Borat's success is spreading like wildfire and after the smoke clears, people are going to expect him to top it when he does the Bruno movie.  That's just not gonna happen...

As to your question, I really hope he can come up with some new characters.  I mean Ali G and Borat are done.  No new material may ever come from either of them.  Cohen is smart enough to think of new ways to embarrass people, the challenge will be finding a the right medium.

830213[/snapback]

exactly....the last two bruno pieces I saw were good, but still fall short of yoru typical borat segment. Id be pretty nervous about a bruno movie too, unless he's just got all sorts of killer ideas waiting to be unleashed. I'd much rather see him have an ace up his sleeve that none of us would even recognize at this point, and then find out it was actually him later on.

Hell, Borat becoming a huge hit could end up being a curse! lol