More BS from BCS to come

Cripes

I'll believe it when it happens, but USA Today conjectures that Ohio State could afford a loss to Michigan and still make it to the Sugar Bowl for a rematch.

Like Oklahoma in 2003

So W. Virginia and Louisville are apparently NOT going to decide anything between themsevles, because the computer rankings are again making it a fait accompli for this year's model. Let's take a look at how screwed up the computer polls are already:

Florida loses to Auburn...and is still ahead thanks to a computer ranking that appears to be punishing the Tigers for losing to a team (Arkansas) with a lower computer ranking (14th) than the team the Gators lost to...which was Auburn (7th). :devil:

And I'm sure Bluefire and everybody else in Longhorn land have noticed the computer rankings are giving the nation's unquestionably second-to-fourth best team a big stiff middle finger...ranking them down alongside the two-loss teams and even behind the likes of Boise State and Rutgers. This apparently must be punishment for having such a poor non-conference schedule, a mediocre conference and a loss to Ohio State....even though that same gob of bytes and binary code have determined the Buckeyes, even with a poor non-conference schedule and (what are proving to be) mediocre conference opponents, are in the bag thus far for the BCS title game because of a schedule goosed only by a big road win at Texas. :(

I'll believe it when it happens, but USA Today conjectures that Ohio State could afford a loss to Michigan and still make it to the Sugar Bowl for a rematch.

Like Oklahoma in 2003

So W. Virginia and Louisville are apparently NOT going to decide anything between themsevles, because the computer rankings are again making it a fait accompli for this year's model. Let's take a look at how screwed up the computer polls are already:

Florida loses to Auburn...and is still  ahead thanks to a computer ranking that appears to be punishing the Tigers for losing to a team (Arkansas) with a lower computer ranking (14th) than the team the Gators lost to...which was Auburn (7th).  :devil:

And I'm sure Bluefire and everybody else in Longhorn land have noticed the computer rankings are giving the nation's unquestionably second-to-fourth best team a big stiff middle finger...ranking them down alongside the two-loss teams and even behind the likes of Boise State and Rutgers. This apparently must be punishment for having such a poor non-conference schedule, a mediocre conference and a loss to Ohio State....even though that same gob of bytes and binary code have determined the Buckeyes, even with a poor non-conference schedule and (what are proving to be) mediocre conference opponents,  are in the bag thus far for the BCS title game because of a schedule goosed only by a big road win at Texas. :(

820366[/snapback]

Yeah, the computers are the disrespecting machines right now for us, lol.

The good news for us is that we are only behind WVU by .03 in the BCS, and up on USC by a lot (.4 I think). Right now, with our average in the computers, if we managed to make up 2 spots (from 12th to 10th) in the computer polls, we would overtake WVU.

Wash St, WVU, Boise St., Arkansas, Louisville, USC, Auburn are all ahead of us in various computer polls. Teams like Florida and Auburn have already pretty much maxed out their computer rankings, while Texas has a lot of room to move up.

Hopefully Mizzou beats Nebraska for us, as beating NU from what I've read would help us less in the Big 12 championship then beating Mizzou.

Go Louisville on thursday!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.