Could JP be successful behind an Adequate OL?

The Poojer

say the Cheifs OL of a couple years ago...I know it is easier said than done, but we have not had a quality OL in years....Could a Peyton Manning have ANY success behind what we have been putting out there?  I'm just sayin.....

813473[/snapback]

I'm sure people are going to roll their eyes at my answer, but I say no....

I have, on occasion, seen our offensive line pick up a blitz rather well. Yes, our offensive line is pretty bad, but Losman isn't running for his life on *every* play. Unfortunately, even when the blitz is picked up, I generally don't see Losman make a good read and a good throw.

My general assessment of Losman is that he doesn't have good enough accuracy on his deep ball; he goes throught stretches with a profound lack of touch on his short ball; and that he generally does not scan the field well to find an open receiver. I don't think that these shortcomings would suddenly disappear behind a good offensive line. In fact, because Losman doesn't make his reads well, and because he hangs onto the ball too long, I think that he makes our bad offensive line look even worse than it really is.

The Bills have a bad offensive line - but so do some other teams. Yet, Losman seems to be one of the most underwhelming QB's in the League.

JDG

P.S. And Peyton Manning is so good, that while he might not be breaking Dan Marino's records on this team, we would nevertheless be much better with him around - even with our bad offensive line....

I'm sure people are going to roll their eyes at my answer, but I say no....

I have, on occasion, seen our offensive line pick up a blitz rather well.  Yes, our offensive line is pretty bad, but Losman isn't running for his life on *every* play.  Unfortunately, even when the blitz is picked up, I generally don't see Losman make a good read and a good throw.

My general assessment of Losman is that he doesn't have good enough accuracy on his deep ball; he goes throught stretches with a profound lack of touch on his short ball; and that he generally does not scan the field well to find an open receiver.  I don't think that these shortcomings would suddenly disappear behind a good offensive line.  In fact, because Losman doesn't make his reads well, and because he hangs onto the ball too long, I think that he makes our bad offensive line look even worse than it really is. 

The Bills have a bad offensive line - but so do some other teams.  Yet, Losman seems to be one of the most underwhelming QB's in the League.

JDG

A pretty accurate analysis. Add "locks on to Evans and telegraphs his throw."  Will it ever get better? We can only hope it does.

P.S. And Peyton Manning is so good, that while he might not be breaking Dan Marino's records on this team, we would nevertheless be much better with him around - even with our bad offensive line....

813609[/snapback]