JP Losman

Willis990

I do not think the OL is the only problem on offense. That being said I really think that JP should be better than he has been. He has practiced for two years and started enough games to show some sort of consistency. Phillip Rivers was obviously a much higher draft pick and more should be expected of him but look what he has accomplished in five games. He seems light years ahead of JP. Now everyone will say he has a better OL but the facts are he has 5 starts and has performed very well and consistenly made the right reads. I hope he gets better, but from I have witnessed so far, my confidence and expectations are low. Look at the Patriots makeshift lines from the Superbowl teams, no big names and not a ton of protection for Marcia but he knew where to go with the ball to quickly get it out. I just do not believe this guy should have been a first round pick. Everyone talks about his arm and mobility. We need a QB that can get the ball out quick when needed, too many times he holds the ball and takes a sack which costs us field position. Field positon is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the OL and playcalling and Willis for blitz pickup and put some blame on JP.

I do not think the OL is the only problem on offense.  That being said I really think that JP should be better than he has been.  He has practiced for two years and started enough games to show some sort of consistency.  Phillip Rivers was obviously a much higher draft pick and more should be expected of him but look what he has accomplished in five games.  He seems light years ahead of JP.  Now everyone will say he has a better OL but the facts are he has 5 starts and has performed very well and consistenly made the right reads.  I hope he gets better,  but from I have witnessed so far,  my confidence and expectations are low.  Look at the Patriots makeshift lines from the Superbowl teams,  no big names and not a ton of protection for Marcia but he knew where to go with the ball to quickly get it out.    I just do not believe this guy should have been a first round pick.  Everyone talks about his arm and mobility.  We need a QB that can get the ball out quick when needed,  too many times he holds the ball and takes a sack which costs us field position.    Field positon is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stop blaming the OL and playcalling and Willis for blitz pickup and put some blame on JP.

806978[/snapback]

There were certainly times yesterday when the offensive line was horrible - the "Gandy impersonating a turnstile" plays stick out in my mind.

On the other hand, the offensive line also had its moments yesterday. I remember one play where Detroit sent a six-man blitz and our offensive line stopped it stone cold. Of course, hardly anyone remembers it, because JP Losman threw a horrible pass anyways. You would hope that with a six-man rush being picked up that he could find the open guy, but sadly it doesn't seem to happen.

JDG