When was the last time we won a challenge?

First Greg Williams, then Mike Mularkey, now Dick Jauron.

Every single time we challenge it seems like it is never reversed and always ends up costing us in the end. At least 4-5 times this year, Jauron could have challenged plays and did not when T.V. replay showed we possibly could have won those challenges. Today, he finally throws the flag when replays were definitely inconclusive and definitely not enough to overturn the call on the field.

So, we lose a time out (45 seconds) that we could have used to try and get into FG range.

Williams and Mularkey were the Ultimate Professionals at throwing the flag at the wrong times and not throwing it when they should. When will a Bills coach finally do the right thing and throw it (if) and when appropriate? I guess Marv Levy is the only one bright enough to manage these things. Although I do happen to like Jauron, especially compared to those other two numbnuts, I was disappointed in his coaching today............and not just on the challenge. The whole Bills team didn't seem to show up and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they were going to continue to go to Roy Williams until we slid the help coverage that way and stopped them. We made Kevin (Fantasy Football Dud) Jones look like Barry Sanders today. Those two players kicked our butts. By the way, who the heck missed that tackle on the 3rd down and six play near the two minute warning in the fourth quarter? I think it was #25, K. Thomas...............good going!

Sorry everyone, just frustrated and venting.

First Greg Williams, then Mike Mularkey, now Dick Jauron.

Every single time we challenge it seems like it is never reversed and always ends up costing us in the end.  At least 4-5 times this year, Jauron could have challenged plays and did not when T.V. replay showed we possibly could have won those challenges.  Today, he finally throws the flag when replays were definitely inconclusive and definitely not enough to overturn the call on the field. 

So, we lose a time out (45 seconds) that we could have used to try and get into FG range.

Williams and Mularkey were the Ultimate Professionals at throwing the flag at the wrong times and not throwing it when they should.  When will a Bills coach finally do the right thing and throw it (if) and when appropriate?  I guess Marv Levy is the only one bright enough to manage these things.  Although I do happen to like Jauron, especially compared to those other two numbnuts, I was disappointed in his coaching today............and not just on the challenge.  The whole Bills team didn't seem to show up and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they were going to continue to go to Roy Williams until we slid the help coverage that way and stopped them.  We made Kevin (Fantasy Football Dud) Jones look like Barry Sanders today.  Those two players kicked our butts.  By the way, who the heck missed that tackle on the 3rd down and six play near the two minute warning in the fourth quarter?  I think it was #25, K. Thomas...............good going!

Sorry everyone, just frustrated and venting.

805329[/snapback]

I am generally frustrated with Jauron's use of the replay as well, but I don't think you can fault him at all on this one. That replay looked like an interception to me, and if that play is overturned, it takes 3 points directly off the board and this game goes to overtime.

That play was way too close to call on whether it was an INT or not.

In that situation, not worth risking a time out when the call on the field will take preference over inconclusive. Did that play look "definite" that it was an INT?

Obviously it wasn't an INT. <_<

Yeah, I can't believe they'd risk a timeout to save 3 points on what looked like an int  ;)

805429[/snapback]

In that situation, not worth risking a time out when the call on the field will take preference over inconclusive.  Did that play look "definite" that it was an INT?

Obviously it wasn't an INT.  ;)

805477[/snapback]

I thought it was pretty conclusive ... <_<

In that situation, not worth risking a time out when the call on the field will take preference over inconclusive.  Did that play look "definite" that it was an INT?

Obviously it wasn't.  <_<

805477[/snapback]

In a game that we lost by 3 points, you would rather have an extra time out than attempt to take 3 points off the board?

We lost by 3 points. That call lead to a FG. That play was the margin of victory. You have to risk a time out in that situation.

805477[/snapback]

"Way too close to call"? LOL that sounds like it was close, which means it could potentially get overturned 100% conclusive or not because these are NFL refs we're talking about.

"Way too close to call"?  LOL that sounds like it was close, which means it could potentially get overturned 100% conclusive or not because these are NFL refs we're talking about.

805487[/snapback]

Exactly. It's impossible for a reasonable person to predict what an NFL referee will choose to overturn. I've seen FAR less conclusive replays result in reversals than today's.

There are plenty of other things to fault the team with today, but this wasn't one of them.

In a game that we lost by 3 points, you would rather have an extra time out than attempt to take 3 points off the board?

We lost by 3 points. That call lead to a FG. That play was the margin of victory. You have to risk a time out in that situation.

805483[/snapback]

To be fair, it's not an "extra timeout." It's one of our three allotted time outs.

When I thought the Bills had three timeouts, I was in favor of challenging the call. When I found out that the Bills had ony two timeouts, I wasn't so sure.

If we are winning the game, I have no problem challenging.

If we are losing AND the play is inconclusive on replay, I don't go against the field call and risk the much needed time out. That 45 seconds could have made a big difference on our last poss. Nobody still answered my initial question. When was the last time we won a challenge? Whether you agree or not with the call, once again the challenge has bit us in the ass and we have never benefited from such things.

Exactly. It's impossible for a reasonable person to predict what an NFL referee will choose to overturn. I've seen FAR less conclusive replays result in reversals than today's.

There are plenty of other things to fault the team with today, but this wasn't one of them.

805493[/snapback]