Damien Woody update

sorry if this has been posted already, but I found this on Rotoworld.com:

Detroit Lions placed G Damien Woody on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season. One of Matt Millen's poor decisions, Woody received a $9 million signing bonus for two overweight seasons at guard and now an injury-prone 2006 season. His salary spikes next year, so we suspect he'll get cut in the off-season. This is more bad news for Kevin Jones owners. Oct. 11 - 3:02 pm et

sorry if this has been posted already, but I found this on Rotoworld.com:

Detroit Lions placed G Damien Woody on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season. One of Matt Millen's poor decisions, Woody received a $9 million signing bonus for two overweight seasons at guard and now an injury-prone 2006 season. His salary spikes next year, so we suspect he'll get cut in the off-season. This is more bad news for Kevin Jones owners. Oct. 11 - 3:02 pm et

802032[/snapback]

may i remind you that yes it was a bad desicion by Millen but one that 90% of the people on this board were pissed that Woody "got away".

may i remind you that yes it was a bad desicion by Millen but one that 90% of the people on this board were pissed that Woody "got away".

802086[/snapback]

Yeah, with everything else that Millen got wrong, I can't really fault him for shelling out money for an offensive lineman who was generally regarded as a pretty good player.

802086[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but these posts are incredibly stupid. There is no logic backing any kind of justification that the Bills should not have singed Woody because he go hurt two years after the Bills had a chance to sign him.

Just stop, it is not an intelligent statement.

I'm sorry, but these posts are incredibly stupid. There is no logic backing any kind of justification that the Bills should not have singed Woody because he go hurt two years after the Bills had a chance to sign him.

Just stop, it is not an intelligent statement.

802267[/snapback]

it wasn't a statement about his being injured 2 years after he was signed, it was a statement about him sucking immediately after he was signed.

don't be sorry, just don't make unintelligent statements when misreading between the lines of my posts.

it wasn't a statement about his being injured 2 years after he was signed, it was a statement about him sucking immediately after he was signed.

don't be sorry, just don't make unintelligent statements when misreading between the lines of my posts.

802314[/snapback]

You're right. Maybe we should sign Mike Williams though.

It is still a asinine statement. Who are you to say if things would have been different in Buffalo had he come here? Who is to say that he would not have stayed in shape because of coaching or strength and conditioning coordinators?

Nobody, so it is still a stupid statement either way.