How about Roethlisberger?

LMAO...the Indy game was won because the idiot kicker shanked it out of the stadium. Denver was won because Plummer couldn't make a play to save his life. That DEFENSE won the SB for the Squeelers. That and Randle-El making a huge play.

That and referees beyond incompetence.

801067[/snapback]

There's not much question he had the worst SB of any SB winning QB.

You clearly didn't watch the AFC playoffs though. The refs were the only reason Vanderchoke had a chance to tie the Colts game and while Plummer had a bad game, it doesn't explain their highly ranked defense getting shredded vs. the pass.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhhh, don't you mean a 1,000+ yard, Pro Bowl RB, who could get 3 yards at any time, and block as well as a guard in the backfield named Jerome Bettis.

And a WR in Randle El who was a threat on reverses, punt returns, passing on a trick play, beating the coverage deep, and helping to open up the field for Hines Ward.

Maybe, just maybe that could effect your offense a little. I still think Ben is a garbage QB though.

801145[/snapback]

This is a joke, right? Randle El = Roscoe. He's certainly making Brunell look all-world. Bettis 1,000 yards last year? rofl

You guys just look for excuses for Lossman.   If his play / numbers can't stand up for themselves, he shouldn't be in there!

799711[/snapback]

I'm not going to say that I think JP is on the same level as Ben, he's not at this point in his career. I will say though that if you hold JP to the standard you stated above, "If his play / numbers can't stand up for themselves, he shouldn't be in there!", then you should hold Ben to the same standard. Is it time for the Steelers to bench Ben?

I personally think that it would be a mistake to bench Ben, just as I thought it was a mistake to bench JP last year. Sometimes it is in the long term interest of a team to ride rough times out with the players they have picked to lead them for years to come rather than compromise the long term for a minimal short term gain.

I'm not going to say that I think JP is on the same level as Ben, he's not at this point in his career. I will say though that if you hold JP to the standard you stated above, "If his play / numbers can't stand up for themselves, he shouldn't be in there!", then you should hold Ben to the same standard. Is it time for the Steelers to bench Ben?

I personally think that would be a mistake to bench Ben, just as I thought it was a mistake to bench JP last year. Sometimes it is in the long term interest of a team to ride rough times out with the players they have picked to lead them for years to come rather than compromise the long term for a minimal short term gain.

801336[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't think Losman should be pulled. The orginal post compared the two. Clearly Ben is having a terrible season, and JP had 1.5 bad games (bears and jets). Neither warrants benching, but in terms of past performance (which often predicts future results) Ben and JP are in difference leagues.

This is a joke, right?  Randle El = Roscoe.  He's certainly making Brunell look all-world.  Bettis 1,000 yards last year?  rofl

801152[/snapback]

Roscoe Parrish might be Antwaan Randle-El someday, but right now he most certainly is not.

JDG