removing scuff marks

Corp000085

3 problems here:

1)

So, i'm the only guy in my neighborhood who parks his car in the garage, leaving my driveway as the only open driveway on the block. Children have been riding their bikes and big wheels and stuff in my driveway without a problem till last week when one ran into my garage door, leaving black scuff marks. What will get them off? paint thinner? soap and water? a powerwasher?

2) i'm conflicted because i'd never allow my children to be so irresponsible in someone else's driveway. why are some parents so stupid?

3) I didn't grow up in a neighborhood, but my wife did... her excuse as to why i get so angry at these children is that i don't know what its like to be a kid in a neighborhood... my answer is always no, i don't, however i do know that its not right to run over flowers and hit houses more than once (i.e. not accidentally) and i also know its not right as a parent to encourage that behavior (i.e. drinking scotch all day and allowing your child to run the neighborhood freely). She gets very angry at me. Should i

a) ignore her

b) argue back and clean the garage in spite of her, like right before she forces me to go grocery shopping?

c) use my stud finder to locate empty space behind my kitchen drywall that she painted and take a hammer to it, then wonder in amazement why she's so pissed?

ok, fezmid... let me go and find a hammer...

seriously though, i was able to remove the scuff marks off the aluminum door with paint thinner. The marks on the vinyl flashing piece are still there. I tried soap, water, paint thinner and elbow grease. Oh well... that's only a plastic piece.

ok, fezmid...  let me go and find a hammer...

seriously though, i was able to remove the scuff marks off the aluminum door with paint thinner.  The marks on the vinyl flashing piece are still there.  I tried soap, water, paint thinner and elbow grease.  Oh well...  that's only a plastic piece.

798162[/snapback]

WD - 40 should remove these scuffs..... spray on, let rest a few minutes then do some scrubbing

3 problems here:

1)

So, i'm the only guy in my neighborhood who parks his car in the garage, leaving my driveway as the only open driveway on the block.  Children have been riding their bikes and big wheels and stuff in my driveway without a problem till last week when one ran into my garage door, leaving black scuff marks.  What will get them off?  paint thinner?  soap and water? a powerwasher? 

2)  i'm conflicted because i'd never allow my children to be so irresponsible in someone else's driveway.  why are some parents so stupid?

3)  I didn't grow up in a neighborhood, but my wife did...  her excuse as to why i get so angry at these children is that i don't know what its like to be a kid in a neighborhood...  my answer is always no, i don't, however i do know that its not right to run over flowers and hit houses more than once (i.e. not accidentally)  and i also know its not right as a parent to encourage that behavior (i.e. drinking scotch all day and allowing your child to run the neighborhood freely).  She gets very angry at me.  Should i

a)  ignore her

b) argue back and clean the garage in spite of her, like right before she forces me to go grocery shopping?

c) use my stud finder to locate empty space behind my kitchen drywall that she painted and take a hammer to it, then wonder in amazement why she's so pissed?

798145[/snapback]

1) The same stuff you use to remove the blood stains from the kid the next time he hits your garage will work.

2) No parental supervision

3) try a first, and if that doesn't work, then c

3 problems here:

1)

So, i'm the only guy in my neighborhood who parks his car in the garage, leaving my driveway as the only open driveway on the block.  Children have been riding their bikes and big wheels and stuff in my driveway without a problem till last week when one ran into my garage door, leaving black scuff marks.  What will get them off?  paint thinner?  soap and water? a powerwasher? 

2)  i'm conflicted because i'd never allow my children to be so irresponsible in someone else's driveway.  why are some parents so stupid?

3)  I didn't grow up in a neighborhood, but my wife did...  her excuse as to why i get so angry at these children is that i don't know what its like to be a kid in a neighborhood...  my answer is always no, i don't, however i do know that its not right to run over flowers and hit houses more than once (i.e. not accidentally)  and i also know its not right as a parent to encourage that behavior (i.e. drinking scotch all day and allowing your child to run the neighborhood freely).  She gets very angry at me.  Should i

a)  ignore her

798145[/snapback]

corp,

1)i have been a painter the pastcouple summers on my campus. So i have to deal with scuff marks, very often. The cheapest solution is to get some cleaner and scrub, but you may end up scrubbing off the paint if you aren't careful. The easiest solution is use matching paint and cover the spot up with a coat or two of the paint.

3.) relax because people do stupid stuff, and parents don't always do their jobs in teaching their kids what they should and shouldn't do