SI's Nunio Demasio

[10/7/2006 1:25:03 AM]

After safety Donte Whitner was named the NFL's defensive rookie of the month for September, he collected six tackles Sunday to help Buffalo defeat the Vikings 17-12 in October's first game. So Buffalo doesn't look so bad for ostensibly reaching to pluck Whitner eighth overall. I won't pretend that I'd heard of the guy before the draft, but I didn't understand why the Bills got crucified for choosing an obscure player so high. They obviously did their homework. If an NFL team is convinced that a prospect is a future star, it's too risky to get cute and try to draft him at "right spot," as some contended he would be at No. 15. Let's just applaud the Bills and their septuagenarian GM Marv Levy, who's smart enough to be the only talent evaluator in NFL history with a master's degree from Harvard ('51), in English history....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...fl.films/1.html

If we only could save these mea culpas as coupons and trade them for a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice next year. :lol:

[10/7/2006 1:25:03 AM]

After safety Donte Whitner was named the NFL's defensive rookie of the month for September, he collected six tackles Sunday to help Buffalo defeat the Vikings 17-12 in October's first game. So Buffalo doesn't look so bad for ostensibly reaching to pluck Whitner eighth overall. I won't pretend that I'd heard of the guy before the draft, but I didn't understand why the Bills got crucified for choosing an obscure player so high. They obviously did their homework. If an NFL team is convinced that a prospect is a future star, it's too risky to get cute and try to draft him at "right spot," as some contended he would be at No. 15. Let's just applaud the Bills and their septuagenarian GM Marv Levy, who's smart enough to be the only talent evaluator in NFL history with a master's degree from Harvard ('51), in English history....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...fl.films/1.html

If we only could save these mea culpas as coupons and trade them for a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice next year. :lol:

797645[/snapback]

Octogenarian :D