I'm excited about Losman

BoondckCL

I know it is a little too early to call him a consistent and quality starter in the league, but he is showing flashes of things that the Bills have not seen in a long time.

I like what he is doing with the ball, he looks poised and looks like he knows what he is doing, which is very unlike the Losman of last year who looked, well...flustered. I think a lot of it is our receiver's ability to gain yardage after the catch, but there are some points where he threads the needle in critical situations.

I would have to agree with some on this board as i won't view him as a Pro Bowl quality starter until he stages a last drive or fourth quarter comeback. If you look at his performance in last weeks game against the Jets and the decisions he made on the final drive, i would say he is far from that. But i'm not sure it is too far off based on the success and progress he has made with this regime this year.

JP Losman now currently bosts an 86.2 quarterback rating on the season, and according to that particular stat makes him the 17th ranked quarterback in the league. The only thing that i worry about is his ability to consistently move the ball around in the red zone, the way it always has been, but i think you can chalk that up to the idea that we have barely if any height at wide receiver. Hopefully we can fix that next offseason.

If we get Losman the tools to succeed with the money that we have next year, i think that we could be a legitimate playoff team with good health.

With what this team is doing this year, i think that it is merely a preview for next year. Imagine Whitner, Simpson, Evans, Losman, Crowell, Williams, McCargo, Parrish, and McGahee all with more time to find their voices in this league, i think that we could be in the top 15 teams at the beginning of next year.