Takeo

generaLee83

Injuries plus dissapointment? I hope I am completely wrong because he is the heart of this team.

Takeo Spikes is one of my favorite players of all time. He has done nothing but positive things for this team since his arrival and I will always give him full props when possible.

But what is up with him being disgruntled over Grampa Troy being placed on IR?

Vincent himself stated that this was the best thing for the team. Why is Spikes on the downside of this move?

I'm not trying to question TKO's perception but just about anyone could tell that TV's career was on it's last leg at the beginning of last season?

I took his (TV's) injuries early in training camp as a huge indicator that this season would be very short for him and that Ko would eventually move in as starter. Albeit this is a bit sooner than I think we all expected.

I hope that Takeo is just being moody because of his own injury. He is the last person in that locker room that this organization needs to become a cancer.

TKO is the man but there's no room in this organization for people that are holding onto the past.

My sad opinion is that this hamstring injury is related to the achilles somehow, maybe he didn't re-learn how to run properly and is favoring one leg over another, maybe the muscles have mal-developed (not a word I know) and he is always going to be injury prone from now on.

If this is the case and it would be a monumental loss what are the options?

Injuries plus dissapointment?  I hope I am completely wrong because he is the heart of this team.

Takeo Spikes is one of my favorite players of all time.  He has done nothing but positive things for this team since his arrival and I will always give him full props when possible.

But what is up with him being disgruntled over Grampa Troy being placed on IR?

Vincent himself stated that this was the best thing for the team.  Why is Spikes on the downside of this move?

I'm not trying to question TKO's perception but just about anyone could tell that TV's career was on it's last leg at the beginning of last season?

I took his (TV's) injuries early in training camp as a huge indicator that this season would be very short for him and that Ko would eventually move in as starter.  Albeit this is a bit sooner than I think we all expected.

I hope that Takeo is just being moody because of his own injury. He is the last person in that locker room that this organization needs to become a cancer.

TKO is the man but there's no room in this organization for people that are holding onto the past.

My sad opinion is that this hamstring injury is related to the achilles somehow, maybe he didn't re-learn how to run properly and is favoring one leg over another, maybe the muscles have mal-developed (not a word I know) and he is always going to be injury prone from now on.

If this is the case and it would be a monumental loss what are the options?

772515[/snapback]

Good post. Well stated points I tend to agree with. I have had a few posts in which I’ve implied the TV’s body is starting to fail him, as he has been injured the last few seasons. It’s clear by TV’s statements that he recognizes this. Takeo’s competitive spirit may have trouble with accepting that, especially since he felt his own injury vulnerability.

Loyalties run deep especially with the vets. Just an emotional time for him getting re-injured and also finding out his friend is off the team. I have to agree with you and wonder whether TKO is ever fully going to recover from the achilles tear. Remember Sam Cowart? And the hamstring is one of those lingering injuries that sometimes takes a whole season to completely get over. Hope it's not though. We need him back 100% asap.

Loyalties run deep especially with the vets.  Just an emotional time for him getting re-injured and also finding out his friend is off the team.  I have to agree with you and wonder whether TKO is ever fully going to recover from the achilles tear.  Remember Sam Cowart?  And the hamstring is one of those lingering injuries that sometimes takes a whole season to completely get over.  Hope it's not though.  We need him back 100% asap.

772531[/snapback]

I agree.