Well since no one else brought it up...

bartshan-83

Not exactly the showdown that was anticipated by many. Penn St. has a lot of upside, but mistakes cost them greatly. I think the game would have been a lot closer if the ball had bounced their way a few times or a few players stepped up in key situations (#2 dropping that bomb, Morelli short arming the TD in the corner, Morelli taking care of the football on the fumble TD).

ND's defense is so much better than last year, but it's not there yet. Too many big gains for Penn St., too many times the LBs just got taken out of the play allowing 6-10 yd runs. The secondary was solid...got burned a few times, but made up for it with game changing plays.

The offense seems to be getting back in sync. Penn St. wasn't going to give us Samardzija, so we took Carlson and McKnight all day. Walker looked really good running against a tough PSU run D....and he so nice on screens, reminds me of a little thurman sometimes.

Well I do hope we get our spots back in the polls....there was a lot of sh*t flying around last week about how we weren't near to contending for a NATL championship. I suppose it's easy to say we didn't belong in the top 3 when we played a close game at a very solid college, while the other powerhouses smashed on AA schools... :lol:

We aren't the best team in the country (I don't think), but I think this game showed that we will be tough to beat for ANY other school and we deserve to remain in the spot we started. But we'll see...

PSU and fans...nothing but love for you....next year should be a fun one (with yall probably having the upper hand)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.