Remember Jauron & Staff were Plan B

jahbonas

That's very true.  It was apparent that Jauron was not one of Angelo's guys and that he wanted to bring his own guy in, but couldn't after the 13-3 season.  It almost appeared as if he was undermining him so he could fail and finally be rid of him.

The 2002 saw a TON of injuries for the Bears as well as having to play home game 2 hours away, so that was a wash for Jauron and Angelo couldn't fire him after that season either. So he decided to give away players to his bud, Belichick, instead. That worked.

Lets not forget mularkys first year, we lost the first 4 then won enough straight to play a meaningful week 17 game. The organization from top to bottom, including the support of the fans all generally thought it would be better to live through the growing pains of a young QB than to settle to be mediocre with Bledsoe. The plan was to ride our defense that ranked #2 2 consecutive years, The plan backfired with injuries to an overrated defense Forcing JP to have to win the game with a bad offensive line, this didnt work so the vets living on the end of there career got disgruntled, everything that went wrong did, Mularky was not set up to win by the GM, Which the online was the biggest problem which TD tried to address, anybody in the league would have bombed on the Mike Williams pick, watch his college highlights the guy was an animal, its just the way it goes in the NFL

His players are loyal to him.  He is intelligent, honest, and extremely organized.  His downfall in Chicago was his inability to get a decent OC.  Hopefully, with Fairchild, that is not going to be a problem. 

760685[/snapback]

That was a bad situation... imagine the call in shows. He stuck with Shoop until they both got the axe. No "trade in the assistant for your job" garbage for Jauron. Rock solid hire.

I don't think it was $ related, although I still view Ralph as a cheapskate.  I think what happened is that Mularkey realized he was being played by Marv.  Everyone knew Mularkey would be toast with Marv, MM included.  Marv wanted to coach again and saw a mid season Mularkey firing as his best way in.  When Mularkey read the writing on the wall, he quit. 

Now Ralph Wilson stepped in, and told Marv -you're not coaching this team.  So Marv & Ralph now have to hire a new coach.  Imagine what happened when Marv interviewed Dick Jauron.  It was like looking in a mirror, 25 years ago.  Jauron has to be the one guy in the entire NFL who is most like Marv.  How could Marv resist hiring the closest thing to himself?  How could Ralph resist hiring a man who could end up being the next Marv Levy?  Jauron reminds me so much of Marv as a coach it is scary. 

I really hope we get similar results with Jauron as we did with Levy, but lets win that February game at least once, please.

760448[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA ... this post is hilarious :w00t: kinda made my night

I don't believe that the Bills really wanted to keep Mularkey.  I think that Marv wanted to replace him, but wanted Mularkey to be the one to decide to leave.

760445[/snapback]

I agree, Mularkey may have been asked to resign or otherwise face being fired. It's a routine any of us in professional positions have seen many times before.

An environment was created around MM that basically showed him the door.

So it seems. I'm not a fly on the wall at One Bills Drive.