Possibly relocating to Henderson, NV

WVUFootball29

Going to Henderson/Las Vegas for a week to interview with the police department. While I have an uncle that lives in the area, I still don't know much about it and the city website isn't all that much help. I'm wondering if anyone on this board knows anything about the city of Henderson.

My biggest questions are:

1. Is there a Bills/Sabres friendly bar in the local area?

2. People and/or crime wise what area around WNY would you compare it to?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Nothing has less crime than WNY. I like the place, don't know of any bars in particular where they carry the Bills. It is hotter than hell there though, don't believe the hype about the humidity. If the sun's rays strike your skin, it's so hot it hurts. On the plus side, no friggin snow to worry about. ANd you have Lake Meade to hang out on. My uncle had a sailboat there, we went all the time. I think you will enjoy it...

I've lived in Las Vegas, about 2 blocks from being in Henderson, for about 15 months. I like it alot. The area is very suburban, not sure what part of WNY to compare to, but there are shopping centers, home developments, malls, etc. everywhere. I'm from the town of Tonawanda and I guess it's similar, just with more people (I think 300k plus). Henderson has grown sharply over the last few years. Have a friend who just moved here and began teaching for the county, similar to police those jobs are very available because of the population growth. As long as you're not in the "heart" of Henderson (Water st area, a little run down as you'll see if you come through there) you'll be ok. I got used to the weather - I like it alot, no snow to worry about, rarely rains, you can pretty much count on it to be a nice day almost every day. The heat is rough but you get used to it, and there is A/C everywhere. The winters are very mild in comparison, although all the "natives" bundle up when it gets in the 30's and 40's, kind of funny.

And you're close to at least 2 Bills bars. I go to Johnny Macs on Boulder Highway which is close to almost all of Henderson. Pretty good food, Labatts on tap, and plently of screens showing the Bills games. Also I heard Santora's on Sunset is a good spot, also in Henderson. Not sure about the Sabres games as with work I wasn't really able to see most of the games, but I would assume you might be able to catch the games at those places as well.