Here's my Training Camp Report from today, 8/15/06

Mike32282

As always, thanks for the great reports!  Especially glad to hear that TA has been bumped from the 1st team.  Tonights the first chance I have had to go over the game from Saturday and he was constantly getting pushed out of the way or on his butt.  Play the other kids and see what they have got to offer.  I have seen enough of TA.

744186[/snapback]

Good point about Tim Anderson. He has struggled a bit at camp, and really got beat bad in the game.

MIke, thanks for the report

744187[/snapback]

No problem.

Thanks Mike, as always, much appreciated.  Quit apologizing fer chrissakes though, we are beholden. :)

744195[/snapback]

Thanks. I felt bad that I didn't do any reports last week, but it's hard to do a report for the night practice. Especially when I gotta work right after it.

You are the best mikey!

744210[/snapback]

Thanks. B-)

Troy Vincent injured? Theres a shocker  :rolleyes:

I hope KO shows more ballhawking ability and we can be done with Mr. Vincent  :w00t:

744215[/snapback]

Ko has shown a knack for getting to the ball and making the play. I love when I see so far. But I wouldn't cut Vincent. He's a solid mentor for this young secondary and will help them develop.

Mike once again thanks for a great report.  For those of us who do not make the trek to St. John's regularly or at all your updates and photos provide great info and give a feel of being there.

The only rule I have for reports (media or the more believable reports not driven by the profit motive) is do not single-source for news.  One of the unfortunate things about our society is that folks seem to gravitate toward sources in information exclusively which confirm their previous beliefs. 

I like hearing conflicting versions and beliefs in reports and then deciding for myself what makes more sense usally based on what folks leave out or choose to emphasize to confirm their pre-existing beleifs.

I find this works well on the Bills front where between your great reports, other contributions on TSW, Two Bills Drive, the occaisional scuttlebutt from the traditional media, and what the Bills actually do (rather than what they say since their reports clearly are mediated by their effort to make a buck), i feel like I have more of a sense of figuring out reality.

I think your reports are great because even though you obviously have your favorite players, you do seem to make a pretty good effort to be unbiased in your reports.

However, I am interested and would love to get your comments on your report and how Bill's Daily reported on the very same practice.

Both of you reported that JP struggled a bit today.  However, Bill's Baily led with this point and emphasized it while you mentioned late in your report where you usually give your opinions and reactions rather than typifying his performance.

Which emphasis do you think is more legit.  I get the impression that you are a JP fan (one of the reasons I have appreciated your reports is that generally you do not seem to alter or choose the facts based on your hopes and wishes).  The Bills Daily more negative take is supported with a numeric count of passes completed which does seem to support their contention that it was a pretty bad day for JP.

Do you have additional thoughts on JPs performance?

744232[/snapback]

Thanks very much for the comments. :rolleyes: I'll try to to answer your questions.

I guess we didn't lead to it, because it wasn't a huge deal. JP has struggled at times at camp and I've seen worse. There as other things to emphasize than just how he looked with his passes. I am a JP fan. I have liked him since when he first came here and find myself liking him as a player more each day. I truely believe that he is developing and getting better each practice. It's nice to see him grow and mature.

Mike once again thanks for a great report.  For those of us who do not make the trek to St. John's regularly or at all your updates and photos provide great info and give a feel of being there.

The only rule I have for reports (media or the more believable reports not driven by the profit motive) is do not single-source for news.  One of the unfortunate things about our society is that folks seem to gravitate toward sources in information exclusively which confirm their previous beliefs. 

I like hearing conflicting versions and beliefs in reports and then deciding for myself what makes more sense usally based on what folks leave out or choose to emphasize to confirm their pre-existing beleifs.

I find this works well on the Bills front where between your great reports, other contributions on TSW, Two Bills Drive, the occaisional scuttlebutt from the traditional media, and what the Bills actually do (rather than what they say since their reports clearly are mediated by their effort to make a buck), i feel like I have more of a sense of figuring out reality.

I think your reports are great because even though you obviously have your favorite players, you do seem to make a pretty good effort to be unbiased in your reports.

However, I am interested and would love to get your comments on your report and how Bill's Daily reported on the very same practice.

Both of you reported that JP struggled a bit today.  However, Bill's Baily led with this point and emphasized it while you mentioned late in your report where you usually give your opinions and reactions rather than typifying his performance.

Which emphasis do you think is more legit.  I get the impression that you are a JP fan (one of the reasons I have appreciated your reports is that generally you do not seem to alter or choose the facts based on your hopes and wishes).  The Bills Daily more negative take is supported with a numeric count of passes completed which does seem to support their contention that it was a pretty bad day for JP.

Do you have additional thoughts on JPs performance?

744232[/snapback]

While Mike's reports are great, it has been obvious from the start he is a JP supporter.