Problems with the Bills?

I remember this being brought up last year. Then preseason ended and most of the board proclaimed the end of ALL mistakes. ;)

As it turns out, the team never learned from their mistakes and we ended up embarrasing ourselves just about every Sunday.

Some "mistakes" should never occur like false starts and fumbling the QB-center exchange and fumbles handing off to the RB (esp. in good weather). Offsides I can understand but when you got the ball and your people are moving, it's hopeless.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I want to see a team dedicated to winning and it starts with the little things. I want to see a SB champ before too long and the good teams aren't afflicted with stupidity, even in preseason. And their suckiness does not carryover to the regular season.

Like coach said, we have to be perfect when the games matter or we won't win games to get us into January. It's about starting this thing right and now!

I'm a faithful of TBD so I decided to become a part of it.  For my first post I'd like to ask  if anybody has checked out the camps of the other 31 teams.  I understand about getting worried about our progress but shouldn't it be compared to what other teams are doing.  We can have 10 dropped passes a day, but if everyone else is dropping 20 passes a day then it takes on a new meaning.  Same for if we only drop 2 passes a day but all other teams aren't dropping any...  I guess what I'm saying is it's all well and good to comment on what our guys are doing; but to compare it against the other NFL teams is what counts...IMHO.

That being said I realize there is the awesome and the horrible, I'm thinking of the middle of the road stuff.

Thanks for the best message board around guys and gals...

737685[/snapback]

As others have said...camp is just that.

The B'gals are dropping passes, and getting this or that minor injury. Carson Palmer was 4 of 9 a few days ago...cut 'em! ;)

welcome . what do you drink ? are you coming to the opener ? people just say sh-- to get things going . if the team still has false starts at the end of pre season then it is a problem .

737762[/snapback]

I live just far enough away for it not to be convienent but I do try to make a road trip each year. Last year was the J-E-T-S suck suck suck, this year I will be going to the vikings game. Nobody to really watch other then pat williams (maybe) and Winfield. i will be sure to keep watching the Vikings so I can yell obscenities intelligently while keeping my tailgatting buzz going.

Keep the faith and the faithful will be rewarded

JArthur has a poiont, but this point in training camp is not the time to start getting too drastic in the action the coach takes to curb penalties. At this point in time, you have players run laps, or have them do it over several times to get it right. You don't cut them. It might be different in a few weeks.

If the players on the OL are not able to overcome bad habits, some of this

indisciple should point back to the OL coaching staff...McNally was brought

in specifically to address the OL...In 3 years, he has not been able to

build a consistent line that doesn't shoot itself on its foot inside the red zone.

737846[/snapback]

Amen to that. You're being paid millions and you can't get the snap count right? How many of you played pop warner in 4th grade and were able to get the snap right.

Gimme a break guys, step it up

I agree with someone when they asked who was getting the penalties; especcially on the line. Is it first stringers or farther down the depth chart? Is it the same person over and over again; could someone be trying to revive the ghost of fat Benny? Does anybody who goes to the camps tell us any of this? Granted, penalties suck and in a perfect Bills world there wouldn't be any. It would be nice if it was only one or two guys that the coaches can single out and make them wear shirts with bennie anderson's face on the front until they straighten themselves out, kind of a punishment by embarresment, like when we had to stick gum on the end of our nose in grade school.

(I actually had to do that once :angry: )

I agree with someone when they asked who was getting the penalties; especcially on the line.  Is it first stringers or farther down the depth chart?  Is it the same person over and over again; could someone be trying to revive the ghost of fat Benny?  Does anybody who goes to the camps tell us any of this?  Granted, penalties suck and in a perfect Bills world there wouldn't be any.  It would be nice if it was only one or two guys that the coaches can single out and make them wear shirts with bennie anderson's face on the front until they straighten themselves out, kind of a punishment by embarresment, like when we had to stick gum on the end of our nose in grade school. 

(I actually had to do that once  :angry:  )

738469[/snapback]

Haha that's a good idea. Ya they never specified which linemen, they were just saying the entire OL. Looks like we need a lot of Benny t-shirts. :doh: