Depth Chart

Hey check out the new depth chart. I dont know how new it is but it is the first time ive seen it. It has holcombe in QB. <_<

http://buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.jsp

695397[/snapback]

This version is not new as it is one which takes into account the new draft and most recent FA additions.

It does not appear to be one which describes the likely outcome of battles as for example Anderson is listed as the starting LG (which JMac said in a post draft interview for the most part last year's starters will get the first shot at starting, but as this has acquistion Reyes as 3rd string at LG it is doubtful that this FA was paid a hefty salary to be third string or that Preston is going to beat this vet former started for Carolina out).

As far as Holcomb at starting QB this seems to reflect more that he ended the season there with JP being sat, but given:

1. Holcomb is a team guy who has vocalized tolerating being a back-up.

2. Nall was well regarded enough by us we signed him, and

3. Ralph has big bucks deveoted to JP and has already demonstrated an ability to interfere and exert his owner's perogative and endorse a start by a big buck player (RJ) over the coaches previous choice to start (Flutie)

indicates this will likely correctly be determined on the field of play and let the best athlete win.

I don't think I'd read much into it. Many of the positions where the lineup is uncertain simply list the players in alphabetical order by last name:

QB:

Holcomb

Losman

Nall

Ochs

Woodbury

LG:

Anderson

Preston

Reyes

C:

Fowler

Geisinger (I'm not saying Geisinger might win this)

WR (right side)

Price

Reed

Smith

*interesting to note Davis and Wilson are listed after them*

After Royal, the TEs are listed alpha. Is this all there is to Cieslak being listed #2?:

Royal

Cieslak

Euhus

Everett

Neufeld