Video Games on PC

just got a new computer about 2 months ago and felt like getting back into Medieval: Total War again for a little bit. i installed it on my computer and all is well until i get all of my settings (like which nationality and era, etc...) and click "Begin" at which point the game tries to load the playable section. the screen flashes, goes to the screen that is normally accessed by the escape button (with save game, settings, etc...), then the next click of the mouse (no matter where i click) just completely shuts down the game and i am back to my desktop like nothing happened. btw...the computer FAR exceeds the minimum specs needed to play the game.

just got a new computer about 2 months ago and felt like getting back into Medieval: Total War again for a little bit.  i installed it on my computer and all is well until i get all of my settings (like which nationality and era, etc...) and click "Begin" at which point the game tries to load the playable section.  the screen flashes, goes to the screen that is normally accessed by the escape button (with save game, settings, etc...), then the next click of the mouse (no matter where i click) just completely shuts down the game and i am back to my desktop like nothing happened.  btw...the computer FAR exceeds the minimum specs needed to play the game.

687741[/snapback]

Sounds like either the game has to be patched(did you check Medieval's site for updates?) or it is a video or sound card driver issue. Id start there.