Hmm. Any coincidence on the timing?

CYA

Just cooincidence? Or is there some cause-effect thing between the British cabinet and the WH?

685276[/snapback]

Uh perhaps it's because their poll numbers are in the proverbial crapper? With mid-term elections coming up here, and Poodle-Boy's party getting its ass kicked regionally in their elections, the parties have dictated a little blood-letting.

Political BAU (business as usual).

Uh perhaps it's because their poll numbers are in the proverbial crapper?  With mid-term elections coming up here, and Poodle-Boy's party getting its ass kicked regionally in their elections, the parties have dictated a little blood-letting.

Political BAU (business as usual).

685316[/snapback]

I'm officially past the point of any partisan caring of any kind. Anything I actually liked about what was going on has been compromised over the last couple years. I don't expect anything better out of the democrats, and in terms of national security - actually expect worse. That's just not their mindset. Republicans have domestic issues located somewhere below the toilet. There just aren't any choices.

I'm officially past the point of any partisan caring of any kind. Anything I actually liked about what was going on has been compromised over the last couple years. I don't expect anything better out of the democrats, and in terms of national security - actually expect worse. That's just not their mindset. Republicans have domestic issues located somewhere below the toilet. There just aren't any choices.

685325[/snapback]

That was a nonpartisan statement. I didn't say anything about Dem or Rep. The parties in power in both countries are not making people happy. When the other party's in power, people won't be happy. Right now the polls are about the incumbents for obvious reasons - things stink and people want someone to blame.

If they were honest they'd look in the mirror and blame themselves.

Where did I say you were partisan, evil B word snake woman?

That said, I agree honesty plays little part. Doesn't have much to do with my life, but I feel sorry for people with young kids. Every generation says that, but in my view we have gotten inundated with a bunch of consumer technology designed not to help us think, but to absolve us from thinking. Then, toss on about 25 instant news networks where we used to have three. Bad combo.

Also, did I remember to call you an evil B word snake woman?

Where did I say you were partisan, evil B word snake woman?

That said, I agree honesty plays little part. Doesn't have much to do with my life, but I feel sorry for people with young kids. Every generation says that, but in my view we have gotten inundated with a bunch of consumer technology designed not to help us think, but to absolve us from thinking. Then, toss on about 25 instant news networks where we used to have three. Bad combo.

Also, did I remember to call you an evil B word snake woman?

685594[/snapback]

I'm stalKING u.

Stalking BiB ...betchu just made his day. :w00t:

685631[/snapback]

LOL. Deb...

Them there younguns...

Hey, Bluefire is pretty much on your side.

I want your ass, anyway, woman.

CYA

Just cooincidence? Or is there some cause-effect thing between the British cabinet and the WH?

685276[/snapback]

Well Labour came third in the local elections in terms of numbers of votes, whilst the Conservatives led by a large margin.

A large part of the voting patterns was due to a series of mistakes made by cabinet ministers just prior to the local elections. The Deputy PM got caught playing away (he had previously held a holier than thou attitude to the sexual wanderings of opposition MPs/ministers), the Home Secretary presided over a debacle where convicted foreign felons were let out of prisons without being deported and then failed to let his boss know the full situation, and one or two other misfires elsewhere in the cabinet.

Safe to say the two named were stripped of a lot of responsibilities/sacked respectively.

Also there was a fair bit of political manoevering on the part of the PM to keep his faction of the party in the ascendant.

Blair himself will not be around much longer in his role as PM, he has stated that he will step down before the next election (and he probably will need to in order for his party to do (relatively) well). Iraq does not help much either (most of those who back the war are not Blair/Labour supporters anyway).

Well Labour came third in the local elections in terms of numbers of votes, whilst the Conservatives led by a large margin.

A large part of the voting patterns was due to a series of mistakes made by cabinet ministers just prior to the local elections. The Deputy PM got caught playing away (he had previously held a holier than thou attitude to the sexual wanderings of opposition MPs/ministers), the Home Secretary presided over a debacle where convicted foreign felons were let out of prisons without being deported and then failed to let his boss know the full situation, and one or two other misfires elsewhere in the cabinet.

Safe to say the two named were stripped of a lot of responsibilities/sacked respectively.

Also there was a fair bit of political manoevering on the part of the PM to keep his faction of the party in the ascendant.

Blair himself will not be around much longer in his role as PM, he has stated that he will step down before the next election (and he probably will need to in order for his party to do (relatively) well). Iraq does not help much either (most of those who back the war are not Blair/Labour supporters anyway).

685996[/snapback]

Thanks for the post.