"Expert" Draft Analysis

I've always thought that the "expert analysts" on TV during sports drafts were more hung up on ratings and hearing their own sound bytes than realistic analysis of team needs and potential of those drafted. In case anyone watched the NBA draft last year, the Raptors got blasted for their draft. In particular, "reaching" for Charlie Villanueva at # 9. One season later he's ranked as one of the top 2 rookies and is being compared to Kevin Garnett.

The Bills are rebuilding. Nobody they drafted at #8 would have turned the tide this year, let alone any other position in the draft. There's no evidence to suggest that the young men drafted this weekend will succeed or be busts. I trust the team leadership to judge the potential of those drafted to contribute down the road. I'm happy to watch and cheer as long as I think the team has good intent. I've cheered when the Bills sucked, I've cheered when they won. I hope Marv puts it all together and makes it work at some point. Meanwhile, he's earned my respect and trust. I think he knows football.