The new CBA and revenue sharing is killing

:D Had to put in a little Costanza in this one.

I can't believe that the small market owners would:

1) agree to a CBA where ALL revenue is counted toward the players salaries and then

2) agree to not share all of the revenues that are counted toward the players salaries.

It's basically a double-whammy for any small market team. :P:D

Furthermore, the Dallas', Washington's, and New Englands of the NFL will find more way to make more non-NFL revenue money (naming rights, etc.) or charge more for what they currently are doing, further making the cap bigger, while Buffalo is rather stagnant and has pushed all of their options to the limit.

So now, it's really a triple-whammy. :P:lol:;)

If something doesn't change to make the playing field more level for all teams the Bills will be called the LA whatevers in less than 5 years.

:D  Had to put in a little Costanza in this one.

I can't believe that the small market owners would:

1) agree to a CBA where ALL revenue is counted toward the players salaries and then

2) agree to not share all of the revenues that are counted toward the players salaries.

It's basically a double-whammy for any small market team.  :doh:  :huh:

Furthermore, the Dallas', Washington's, and New Englands of the NFL will find more way to make more non-NFL revenue money (naming rights, etc.) or charge more for what they currently are doing, further making the cap bigger, while Buffalo is rather stagnant and has pushed all of their options to the limit.

So now, it's really a triple-whammy.  :(  :D  :doh:

If something doesn't change to make the playing field more level for all teams the Bills will be called the LA whatevers in less than 5 years.

661120[/snapback]

I've come to the position that the only shared revenue should be from TV rights. I do not believe ticket revenues should be shared. I do not think naming rights to stadium should be shared. I do not think merchandizing should be shared.

But at the same time I think costs should also not be shared. I think each team pays into a single fund 59.5% of their revenues. That money is then used to fund player contracts to the CAP level set for each team. This contrary to general public belief is not what happens now. If the Bills make 100 dollars in revenues apart from TV revenues then they contribute $59.50 to the fund. If the Deadskins generate 1 billion in revenue apart from the TV revenues, they contribute $595 million to the fund. That to me is what the teams agreed to when they said yes to the 59.5% of revenues to be shared with the players in the new CBA.