Bills Fans in Charlotte/ Fort Mill/ Rock Hill

Wow, Ballantyne.

I grew up there. You guys should have seen it twenty years ago. The roads that used to be there there don't even exist anymore.

Township Grill was the spot in the heyday. My brother worked there for years. Haven't been there in over ten years. Near the end of the run, it was way crowded, you needed to get there by 11 to get a seat. Don't know about now.

I agree with everyone here, the traffic there is out of control. You will absolutely hate driving there. It doesn't matter where you live in the area, you will be affected by it. There is no escape.

There is golf all over the place, and these days finding Bills fans there shouldn't be a problem. Now in 1981, it was a different story. I think I was the only one.

Good luck to you and your family!

Wow, Ballantyne.

I grew up there. You guys should have seen it twenty years ago. The roads that used to be there there don't even exist anymore.

Township Grill was the spot in the heyday. My brother worked there for years. Haven't been there in over ten years. Near the end of the run, it was way crowded, you needed to get there by 11 to get a seat. Don't know about now.

I agree with everyone here, the traffic there is out of control. You will absolutely hate driving there. It doesn't matter where you live in the area, you will be affected by it. There is no escape.

There is golf all over the place, and these days finding Bills fans there shouldn't be a problem. Now in 1981, it was a different story. I think I was the only one.

Good luck to you and your family!

659079[/snapback]

Yeah Mad Cap is right. A TON of people from Buffalo and WNY live here now...

Yeah Mad Cap is right. A TON of people from Buffalo and WNY live here now...

659111[/snapback]

Funny thing about that tho, there was NOBODY back in the day, before the great exodus from the north.

One really good thing about Charlotte now is that the uptown area has undergone a complete 180 from the old days. Growing up, you did NOT go downtown unless your school field trip was going to Discovery Place. Unless you wanted to get stabbed or purchase contraband.

Once the banks moved in, the old dilapidated lots with burning trash and litter turned into multi-million dollar condos. It is really quite amazing the change, you kind of had to see the old Charlotte to really appreciate how much better it is these days...

Trying to decide at the moment. My wife and I will be working for CMS ( we are both teachers) Like everyone else, Ballentyne is our first choice, but it is certainly more expensive. We kinda like Huntersville but we hear traffic is awful. If you can share your experiences about locations, that would be great. All in all, we are looking for an inexpensive mortgage( cost of living in Florida has killed us the past few years and is part of the reason for this move). We pray we get lucky and find  dynamite neighbors in a family friendly area - on the guy side, I  looking for great golf and softball without the headaches of being stuck in traffic. Good schools and quality neighborhood for my son is of course most important. Write back Doug

658900[/snapback]

We live in Concord(Cabarrus County) and it is great. About 20 mins north of Charlotte. My wife works in Huntersville and it is a little pricier then Concord. We moved here from Jupiter Fl. and there is no comparison.

We moved here from Jupiter Fl. and there is no comparison.

659208[/snapback]

I'm in the Stuart/Jensen area, I'm in the process of buying a lot west of Asheville for a summer home in a few years. I'm sick of Hurricanes and the ungodly hot summers down here in Fla. . I don't care what anyone says about how bad the traffic is in Charlotte, it can't compare to Florida with it's mixture of terrible drivers and those without a clue of which side of the Interstate they should be on.

I'm in the Stuart/Jensen area, I'm in the process of buying a lot west of Asheville for a summer home in a few years. I'm sick of Hurricanes and the ungodly hot summers down here in Fla. . I don't care what anyone says about how bad the traffic is in Charlotte, it can't compare to Florida with it's mixture of terrible drivers and those without a clue of which side of the Interstate they should be on.

659270[/snapback]

What do you care what anyone says about the traffic in Charlotte? Asheville is a world away, compared to Charlotte. And Asheville certainly is not Charlotte. :P

We live in Concord(Cabarrus County) and it is great. About 20 mins north of Charlotte.  My wife works in Huntersville and it is a little pricier then Concord.  We moved here from Jupiter Fl. and there is no comparison.

659208[/snapback]

All the home builders and realtors keep telling me how many people from Florida are selling and moving to Charlotte. Sad to leave the sun, but income and quality of life for my family is very important to me.

All the home builders and realtors keep telling me how many people from Florida are selling and moving to Charlotte. Sad to leave the sun, but income and quality of life for my family is very important to me.

659762[/snapback]

Actually in the development we live in there are many more people from NY and NJ then Fl. Just make sure you know the southern lifestyle. Many people who move here take a long time to get used to it. I went to UGA so I was prepared, but if you are not, you must realize that the people here do things on their own time, not yours.

My family and I will be leaving the sunshine state for good this summer and heading to Charlotte, NC. This is a going to be a great move for us with more financial freedom and a higher quality of life for my son Dylan. One things that scares me about moving is leaving my 12 buddies (Bills fans) in Tampa. We get together each week to watch the Bills/Sabres games and now I will be on my own each Sunday.  If you live in Charlotte or South Carolina and know of any Bills bars, please write back and let me know. I truly need a new group to watch the games with and would like to have a place in mind before our June move. Thanks in advance. Doug :D

658819[/snapback]

I currently live outside of Charlotte. I have not been to many Bills bars. I have been to Big Al's in Cornelius. It was a great time. On certain game days they will have tailgate parties in the parking lot. This place gets packed on game days and is full of Bills fans throughout the week. I'm not saying its the best, but worth checking out.

659762[/snapback]

Thanks for your thoughts so far. I am wondering your thoughts on how far our income will go in Charlotte. Combined my wife and I will make 91k gross. We have one child, average spending habits and will have a mortgage of about $1,800. I am figuring around -32% for state, federal and social security, does that sound correct? I am thinking we should be fine, certainly better then Florida. We will also have around 110k in the bank from our Florida properties. PS. I emailed your realtor friend,but he never responded back to me.

Thanks for your thoughts so far. I am wondering your thoughts on how far our income will go in Charlotte. Combined my wife and I will make 91k gross. We have one child, average spending habits and will have a mortgage  of about $1,800. I am figuring around  -32% for state, federal and social security, does that sound correct? I am thinking we should be fine, certainly better then Florida. We will also have around 110k in the bank from our Florida properties. PS. I emailed your realtor friend,but he never responded back to me.

659897[/snapback]

I think you'll be fine...