miami got culpepper, that is sick

culpepper has a blip down year and everyone wants to back fit the reason into he just wasnt any good in the first place...... :blush:

641483[/snapback]

If you classify 12 INTs to only 6 TDs, 31 sacks (in only SEVEN games) and a horrific, career threatening knee injury (to a running QB) as a "blip down year", I would HATE to see what you consider a poor year. :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Brad Johnson had a "blip UP year."  :blush:

641498[/snapback]

johnson had been steady his entire carreer......he steps in with birk getting healthy the addition of fabini and they get a win at new york with one offensive score the entire game.......after wholesale changes at defense in the offseason....then things go from there

u gotta take care of that disease it's seeping into your brain..........youre not the only one though as people have been giving the quarterback too much credit or blame for years

as people have been giving the quarterback too much credit or blame for years

641513[/snapback]

:blush:

Whaaaa? Isn't this entire threat about how Culpepper, in your mind, is the savior of the Dolphins??? Take some of your own advice!

If you classify 12 INTs to only 6 TDs, 31 sacks (in only SEVEN games) and a horrific, career threatening knee injury (to a running QB) as a "blip down year", I would HATE to see what you consider a poor year.  :blush:

641496[/snapback]

what does 31 sacks tell ya?

this has got to be the saddest sack bunch of nfl fans in one thread i've ever seen, dont you guys still have phones and am radios

Nothing...until you see that in 9 games (two more than DC), Johnson was sacked 23 times, threw 12 TDs (6 more than DC) and only FOUR INTs (8 LESS in two more games).

641528[/snapback]

That is sick. :blush:

Nothing...until you see that in 9 games (two more than DC), Johnson was sacked 23 times, threw 12 TDs (6 more than DC) and only FOUR INTs (8 LESS in two more games).

641528[/snapback]

playing from behind, offensive line, and defense have a lot to do with it....... are going to say that brad johnson substituting for culpepper alone made those differences?

now i see where i was called a dolphins fan, this seems so sarcastic i almost thought you were

641483[/snapback]

WTF? I was not being sarcastic. That is, of course, if I am being accurate with the English translation of your writing.

PS. As an aside, I am not a spelling Nazi, nor do I go around correcting people's grammar and whatnot. But please. Please! To write without the use of CAPITAL letters, proper punctuation, and the increasingly common absence of paragraphs is essentially saying to your reader:

"This thing I'm writing about, and you the reader, really aren't very important, so f$%$%k off, I have better things to do."

This criticism is based on the assumption that the writer actually knows better. If not, please finish school before voicing your opinions, and show more respect to your elders.

playing from behind, offenseive line, and defense have a lot to do with it....... are going to say that brad johnson substituting for culpepper alone made those differences?

641533[/snapback]

The reason the vikings played from behind while Culpeper was in was because he kept turning the ball over. Also, the line was virtually the same when Johnson was starting vs Culpeper's time.

So, if you look at the skewed stats there are only a couple reasonable conclusions any impartial fan can draw. Either:

1) Daunte struggled without Birk and Moss, the two guys he came to rely on most of all to help cover for his inability to read defenses (a knock that has followed him his whole career).

2) The Vikings suddenly got a whole new OL and WR group when Brad Johnson took over the job.

or

3) It was a fluke off year for Daunte.

Either way, you HAVE to factor in the knee injury. Now, with a new team (which, by the way, does NOT have a much better line than the Vikings), new scheme and a new knee, any sane person has to resist calling Dante the answer to the Dolphin's prayers.

At least until they see if he can do it without Moss (which he has yet to do), on a new knee and in a new system.

But then again, that assumes you are interested in an impartial analysis of the situation -- which clearly you are not.

WTF?  I was not being sarcastic.  That is, of course, if I am being accurate with the English translation of your writing.

PS.  As an aside, I am not a spelling Nazi, nor do I go around correcting people's grammar and whatnot.  But please.  Please!  To write without the use of CAPITAL letters, proper punctuation, and the increasingly common absence of paragraphs is essentially saying to your reader:

"This thing I'm writing about, and you the reader, really aren't very important, so f$%$%k off, I have better things to do."

This criticism is based on the assumption that the writer actually knows better.  If not, please finish school before voicing your opinions, and show more respect to your elders.

641534[/snapback]

Fair point.

The reason the vikings played from behind while Culpeper was in was because he kept turning the ball over. Also, the line was virtually the same when Johnson was starting vs Culpeper's time.

So, if you look at the skewed stats there are only a couple reasonable conclusions any impartial fan can draw. Either:

1) Daunte struggled without Birk and Moss, the two guys he came to rely on most of all to help cover for his inability to read defenses (a knock that has followed him his whole career).

2) The Vikings suddenly got a whole new OL and WR group when Brad Johnson took over the job.

or

3) It was a fluke off year for Daunte.

Either way, you HAVE to factor in the knee injury. Now, with a new team (which, by the way, does NOT have a much better line than the Vikings), new scheme and a new knee, any sane person has to resist calling Dante the answer to the Dolphin's prayers.

At least until they see if he can do it without Moss (which he has yet to do), on a new knee and in a new system.

But then again, that assumes you are interested in an impartial analysis of the situation -- which clearly you are not.

641537[/snapback]

You're using the terms "savior" and "answer", I haven't. It is my opinion that the Dolphins have upgraded at the quarterback position, and that they haven't had a better qb since Don Shula was running the team.

You're using the terms "savior" and "answer", I haven't.  It is my opinion that the Dolphins have upgraded at the quarterback position, and that they haven't had a better qb since Don Shula was running the team.

641548[/snapback]

Both of which are still ridiuclous assertions. You are basing that notion on Dante's past accomplishments: all of which were accomplished with Moss and with his original knee ligaments.

Who knows HOW Daunte is going to be come 2006? That's the point. Are the Dolphins better than the Bills? Yes. They were last year -- but the addition of Culpepper hasn't made them better yet. He could implode -- only time will tell.

Oh, and I'll spare you the suspense -- Culpepper is NOT in Marino's class as far as QB's are concerned.

Both of which are still ridiuclous assertions. You are basing that notion on Dante's past accomplishments: all of which were accomplished with Moss and with his original knee ligaments.

Who knows HOW Daunte is going to be come 2006? That's the point. Are the Dolphins better than the Bills? Yes. They were last year -- but the addition of Culpepper hasn't made them better yet. He could implode -- only time will tell.

Oh, and I'll spare you the suspense -- Culpepper is NOT in Marino's class as far as QB's are concerned.

641550[/snapback]

Funny stuff.

I never said he was in Marino's class as far as quarterbacks are concerned.

You are basing the notion that Dolphins are better than the Bills on past accomplishments, exactly how i'm basing Culpepper will be an upgrade at qb.

I think you just like to argue and you're defintely not worth using the shift key.

just face it......Culpepper is the MAN!

For several years all I've heard from most on this board was "you got no QB!!!!"...Fiedler? Lucas? Griese? Frerrotte? Feeley?

Now the Fins have a clear upgrade at QB and still....like a broken friggin' record.... :lol::lol:

And to the Einstein who stated "you're going by past perfromance....what the hell can you go by if you can't go by a proven track record? Maybe Nick Saban is a tool! Chances are he isn't.....but that's only based on past performance! :lol:

You've STILL got no QB. Culpepper's crappy season before getting injured, his quetionable public activities on cruise ships, and his blown-up knee are MAJOR question marks that will need answering. And he's not expected back before midway through the season. Missing all of the off-season, training camp, and pre-season will make him useless this year, IF he comes back at all.

And yeah, it was the SAME exact team that Brad Johnson, who's been relegated to backup duty since 2003, QB'd. Checkout the gamelogs from last year.

You've STILL got no QB.  Culpepper's crappy season before getting injured, his quetionable public activities on cruise ships, and his blown-up knee are MAJOR question marks that will need answering.  And he's not expected back before midway through the season.  Missing all of the off-season, training camp, and pre-season will make him useless this year, IF he comes back at all.

And yeah, it was the SAME exact team that Brad Johnson, who's been relegated to backup duty since 2003, QB'd.  Checkout the gamelogs from last year.

641683[/snapback]

Just admit it man.......If the Fins got the almighty Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Brees....or McNabb it wouldn't matter to you. It's cool.....It's kinda like going to AA and introducing yourself and admitting.....say it "The Fins have upgraded the QB position" Let the healing begin my friend.

Just admit it man.......If the Fins got the almighty Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Brees....or McNabb it wouldn't matter to you.  It's cool.....It's kinda like going to AA and introducing yourself and admitting.....say it "The Fins have upgraded the QB position"  Let the healing begin my friend.

LOL! Maybe if Culpepper were healthy, or he didn't have such a crappy season last year, I'd be more worried. But that didn't happen so I'm not. And with his limited mobility and LJ Shelton protecting his blindside, it's gonna be a matching pair of busted knees sooner rather than later. But that will leave him more time for cruise ships.