The real reason Bush & Kerry are in seculsion?

PastaJoe

On Wednesday, Earth will get its closest known shave this century from a major asteroid, a monster big enough to extinguish billions of lives were it ever to collide with our home.

If we were going to be hit, would you want to know or not? What would you do if you found out today we only had two days left to live?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...41605&printer=1

On Wednesday, Earth will get its closest known shave this century from a major asteroid, a monster big enough to extinguish billions of lives were it ever to collide with our home.

If we were going to be hit, would you want to know or not?  What would you do if you found out today we only had two days left to live?

46743[/snapback]

I would thank the Lord for answering my prayers.

You're praying for the end of the world?

46753[/snapback]

Nope, just the end of me. If something like that is going to happen, it's going to happen. Really hard to figure out what the world would do with 48 hours. Mass rioting and panic? What good would that do? You think that there would maybe, for the first time in history, be a sense of general calm over the planet? Someting like that sort of puts things into another perspective, doesn't it?

I'd want to know...but I don't think it would really change my lifestyle

I just wouldn't go to work, treat the last few days like a lazy weekend and spend it with my fiance and dogs and call my parents...that's about it

I agree with BiB and think there might be a general sense of calm on the planet. Maybe if you had loose ends to tie up, then there might be some hysteria, but I'm pretty happy with how my life is going now so if things were to end, I think I could approach it calmly.

What would you do if you found out today we only had two days left to live?

I'd get as much cash as humanly possible and head to Vegas. I'd spend my last hours at the tables playing blackjack, drinking beer, smoking cigars...all while surrounded by the finest hookers money could buy.

Of course, they'd all be billsfanone and panic-stricken, too, so I suspect that plan has some holes to it.

If we were going to be hit, would you want to know or not?  What would you do if you found out today we only had two days left to live?

46743[/snapback]

Well I feel pretty safe here in Ohio then because GWB is giving an awesome speech in Springfield Ohio about 40 miles from me.

As for kerry, when he came thru Springfield last time it was after GWB's RNC speech. It was at about midnight and the crowd was filled with the crack whores and pimps who frequent the springfield area. At least GWB did his speech during the day at the fairgrounds where the crowd included mostly normal people with the occasional smattering of clowns and carnies. Oh, those were the protesters, my bad.