I'm a little worried about the plan at OBD!

sfladave

Well I hope that they have some sort of plan in place at OBD. I'm just worried that "win now" means something different than my interpretation of Marv's comments from when he was first hired.

I just can't get a grasp of what it is that they are trying to build here at OBD!

The Bills are saying win now, then they release some vets and then don't replace them, or worse, don't upgrade them in FA. We have not or cannot replace our vet losses with our current FA pickups and the draft, at least not at this point.

The offensive line has me the most concerned at this point.

The thought of Anderson starting at LG scares the bejesus out of me. I have heard some convincing arguments that he was one of our better OL at the end of last year, but I am unconvinced.

Vlliarial will be fine at RG if he can avoid injuries.

Peter's seems as though he can move into a 16 game starting role at RT. I'm not sure if he can be the mainstay at LT here as some suggest.

Gandy played good enough last year that I cannot say, "he has to go", but I'm not convinced that he should be our starting LT.

Is Duke Preston our starting C? He seemed to play well last year, but that was at G. Is he ready to call the assignments at the line of scrimmage and be a force up the middle? I do not know! I would have loved getting Bentley here and moving Preston to our LG, but.....

So it seems to me that we are up in the air with respect to 3 out of 5 starting OL (LG, C and 1 of our Ts). This has me very worried!

That being said I will stick with my usual optimistic outlook when I make my annual LABillzFan season W/L prediction. I have always anticipated and hoped for a 13-3 season, and I see no reason to change that now. We will finish the regular season with a 13-3 record! Because at this time of the year I can! :lol:

Well - i'm not as relaxed as I might be about this... I'm keeping it in mind that we really are early in Free Agency - there WILL be more cuts and movements that could well bring more FA talent to the table.

When you look down our roster we have a number of holes. Yeah the OL and DL are a priority - but you have to get a full roster or talent - so having not addressed it yet is fine. FA is a marathon, not a sprint.

Also - you might also wanna see how the Draft shakes out. With so much happening (see Miami and NO QB situation) that could affect the way the draft works out, it seems to be to be pretty wise to take a deep breath and evaluate, evaluate, evaluate. Big names are great - but what we need right now is talent and talent we can count on deep into the season and into years to come.