Can someone interpret....

I guess I can see how somebody could see Cindy Sheehan as morally repugnant, I haven't paid too much attention to what she does. I am more interested in Robertson simply because he is overtly using a religous platform which I have an academic interest

in. By my original question, I was really wondering if anyone understood this as a coherent world-view that many American's share.

Is Pat Robertson dangerous? I don't know. I think his world view comes from religious apocalyptism that many Americans share and therefore represents part of an influential block of politics that filters candidates based on this predisposition to see world events from the perspective of a religious revelation that may often go unstated.

I tend to be dismissive of Sheehan and just more curious about Pat Robertson and James Dobson, etc. Because it is much more broadbased and public.

I guess I can see how somebody could see Cindy Sheehan as morally repugnant, I haven't paid too much attention to what she does. I am more interested in Robertson simply because he is overtly using a religous platform which I have an academic interest

in. By my original question, I was really wondering if anyone understood this as a coherent world-view that many American's share.

Is Pat Robertson dangerous? I don't know. I think his world view comes from religious apocalyptism that many Americans share and therefore represents part of an influential block of politics that filters candidates based on this predisposition to see world events from the perspective of a religious revelation that may often go unstated.

I tend to be dismissive of Sheehan and just more curious about Pat Robertson and James Dobson, etc. Because it is much more broadbased and public.

636210[/snapback]

I really think that we, collectively, are the dangerous ones. Mostly, because no one cares about anything unless it hits their life and wallet. For our demographics, it usually doesn't.