You Want Pickett? get ready to shell out $20mil

According to the local media thats what "Big Grease" Ryan Pickett thinks he's worth and the reason the Rams aren't even trying to retain him. For that money I'll take some Rocky Bernard and use the draft to address the DT situation.

According to the local media thats what "Big Grease" Ryan Pickett thinks he's worth and the reason the Rams aren't even trying to retain him.  For that money I'll take some Rocky Bernard and use the draft to address the DT situation.

624076[/snapback]

do you know what kind of figures he's looking for?

4 years $20 mil is what FSMW reported about a week ago on the Midwest Sports Report

624090[/snapback]

i dont know, i guess i'd have to compare it to what other DT's in the league are making, i dont really know how good or bad that is, but i do know he is an up and coming player, granted it is late, but he lead all lineman in tackles in the league last year i think. So if we think he is going to continue that success, i say we pay him, if not, then we dont.

He's not a bad player, although he does disapear for series at a time sometimes, in all honesty I think he and Bernard will command about the same amount of money. If the type of DT we are looking for is one that gets after the Qb in the cover 2 we are playing, I'd much rather have Bernard. They are both 26 years old.

Rocky Bernard Career Def. Stats By Year

Ryan Pickett Career Def. Stats By Year

I think both could be fine next to another solid guy. I'd change that contract to 5years, same amont of money. With Bernard, we'd need a big run stuffer next to him, but Pickett could probably play either role but more of the run stopper guy. Bernard and Maake Kemo from Baltimore would be a terrific tamdem, but would cost a sh$*load, and could hold back Oline help.