OT - HD DirecTV receiver w/TiVo

After you actually have one, you won't know how you did without it.

I've got one. Paid a grand, and it's worth every penny to me. And no, I ain't rich, I'm in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

The picture on my Samsung DLP TV without the HD Tivo just wasn't good at all, but it's spectacular with the HDTV Tivo.

its all about supply and demand. The HD TIVOs are in high demand and they are getting top dollar. you will probably see deals later on. Those $300 HD recievers you referred to actually have a full retail price of $700, but they are subsidized and sold at a lower price to get direct tv customers

Also the HD TIVO has 4 tuners (2 direct tv and two OTA)

I just got an offer from Direct TV and Tivo to get the reciever for $79.00 ? And no monthly charge ? Being special has it's perks. I'm ordering it today. I'll let you know how it works out.

45259[/snapback]

The talk on this thread is about the Hughes HR10-250:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hughes-Netw...roductDetail.do

You're probably getting this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hughes-Netw...roductDetail.do

(it says it's $50 after rebate, but I don't see the rebate listed....)

Anyway, the difference is that the $999 one records High Def (both off the air and from DirecTV). The old one doesn't. But you won't be disappointed with the original - I have two of them and couldn't live without them. Best peice of technology I own (and I own a LOT of tit! <_<.

CW

Where can I sell my Hdtv receiver?  How much does the installation of Tivo HDTV receiver cost-I don't currently have TIVO.

45293[/snapback]

I sold mine on eBay and got about $350 for it. That was about 6 months ago though, so prices may have changed.

If you buy the HD TiVo, I'm not sure if they give free installation or not. I would assume so, but can't say for sure. You could go to Circuit City and ask someone there. All you'd need is a new dish (potentially, depending on what dish you have now) and two lines run to the TiVo (so you can record two shows at once). You'd also probably want an OTA antenna (if you don't already have one) and a line run for that. (you only need one OTA feed, since the unit has an internal splitter).

CW