Internet Islamists on the hunt.

Link

Internet Islamists on the hunt

Michelle Malkin

February 23, 2006 8:14 AM

Categories: World News

[Editor’s Note: Michelle Malkin is experiencing problems with her weblog after being the target of cyberattacks. While they last, Pajamas Media will host her posts here]

The cyberjihad continues. Zone-H, which monitors Internet hackers, reports that “the Moroccan hacker known as Yanis was arrested” in Paris on Tuesday:

Yanis is accused of having defaced several French important websites (university of Strasbourg and Toulouse, website of the city of Lyon etc..), but his activity as defacer is far more complex: Zone-h, the independent observatory of cyber-crime, have monitored nearly 3000 notifications of intrusions in the last month related to the Prophet Mohammed digital Ummah protest (about 710 are by Yanis) while in his whole illegal “carreer” he compromised 1161 websites.

Besides, Zone-h highlighted that the attacks pursued by Islamic hackers have noticeably increased after the spreading out of the Prophet Mohammed cartoons issue, and many defacements, like those by Yanis, clearly show, sometimes violently and offensively, their blame for Danish and more generally Western attitude.

Relating to this point, the French magistrate charged a heavy count of indictment on Yanis, who is accused of “Apology of war crime and incitation to racial hate”, because of his hacking activity on Danish websites. The accusation focuses on his commitment in the boycott campaign against Danish products.

After receiving several threats and experiencing one denial of service attack upon appearing on Fox News Channel to display the Mohammed Cartoons, my site went down again this morning at approx. 9am EST and remains down.

My last post on the cyberjihad is cached here. MichelleMalkin.com

I’ll be posting here at Pajamas Media until my blog is up and running again.

UPDATE. It’s a confirmed DoS attack, with most of the IP addresses from turktelecom.

Link

Internet Islamists on the hunt

Michelle Malkin

February 23, 2006 8:14 AM

Categories: World News

[Editor’s Note: Michelle Malkin is experiencing problems with her weblog after being the target of cyberattacks. While they last, Pajamas Media will host her posts here]

The cyberjihad continues. Zone-H, which monitors Internet hackers, reports that “the Moroccan hacker known as Yanis was arrested” in Paris on Tuesday:

Yanis is accused of having defaced several French important websites (university of Strasbourg and Toulouse, website of the city of Lyon etc..), but his activity as defacer is far more complex: Zone-h, the independent observatory of cyber-crime, have monitored nearly 3000 notifications of intrusions in the last month related to the Prophet Mohammed digital Ummah protest (about 710 are by Yanis) while in his whole illegal “carreer” he compromised 1161 websites.

Besides, Zone-h highlighted that the attacks pursued by Islamic hackers have noticeably increased after the spreading out of the Prophet Mohammed cartoons issue, and many defacements, like those by Yanis, clearly show, sometimes violently and offensively, their blame for Danish and more generally Western attitude.

Relating to this point, the French magistrate charged a heavy count of indictment on Yanis, who is accused of “Apology of war crime and incitation to racial hate”, because of his hacking activity on Danish websites. The accusation focuses on his commitment in the boycott campaign against Danish products.

After receiving several threats and experiencing one denial of service attack upon appearing on Fox News Channel to display the Mohammed Cartoons, my site went down again this morning at approx. 9am EST and remains down.

My last post on the cyberjihad is cached here. MichelleMalkin.com

I’ll be posting here at Pajamas Media until my blog is up and running again.

UPDATE. It’s a confirmed DoS attack, with most of the IP addresses from turktelecom.

611879[/snapback]

the US government should shut down michelle malkin anyway. she's another talking head for the radical neocon interests that got us into the whole iraq mess in the first place, and seeks to ensare us in even more wars

the US government should shut down michelle malkin anyway. she's another talking head for the radical neocon interests that got us into the whole iraq mess in the first place, and seeks to ensare us in even more wars

611994[/snapback]

Yes. Free speech is stupid. :D

Yes.  Free speech is stupid.  :D

611998[/snapback]

"hate speech" and "inciting violence" not protected by free speech laws. as a matter fact many things are not. another example is revealing state secrets like what scooter libby did when he revealed the identity of an under cover CIA agent. libby and malkin are both members of the neocon clique behind the blatant lies that triggered the deaths of something like 60,000 people so far in iraq. if thats not "hate speech" and "inciting violence" what is?

"hate speech" and "inciting violence" not protected by free speech laws. as a matter fact many things are not. another example is revealing state secrets like what scooter libby did when he revealed the identity of an under cover CIA agent.  libby and malkin are both members of the neocon clique behind the blatant lies that triggered the deaths of something like 60,000 people so far in iraq.  if thats not "hate speech" and "inciting violence" what is?

612038[/snapback]

I know I told you that typing in caps wouldn't make people take you seriously.

But not typing in caps won't make people take you seriously either. Content does count for something. :D

I know I told you that typing in caps wouldn't make people take you seriously.

But not typing in caps won't make people take you seriously either.  Content does count for something.  :D

612048[/snapback]

His posts read like a parody of actual liberal viewpoints. I don't even know where to start.

Any chance this guy is plant from Karl Rove meant to make liberals look stupid?

His posts read like a parody of actual liberal viewpoints.  I don't even know where to start.

612055[/snapback]

I thought he was a plant from the NEA to convince America that more money needs to be spent on education.

"hate speech" and "inciting violence" not protected by free speech laws. as a matter fact many things are not. another example is revealing state secrets like what scooter libby did when he revealed the identity of an under cover CIA agent.  libby and malkin are both members of the neocon clique behind the blatant lies that triggered the deaths of something like 60,000 people so far in iraq.  if thats not "hate speech" and "inciting violence" what is?

612038[/snapback]

Why did I have a flash vision of either a North Korean or Iranian political figure when I read this?

His posts read like a parody of actual liberal viewpoints.  I don't even know where to start.

612055[/snapback]

ever try answering a substantive post with a substantive post? name calling and sarcasm speaks to the weakness of your argument

ever try answering a substantive post with a substantive post?  name calling and sarcasm speaks to the weakness of your argument

612093[/snapback]

Define "substantive"?

Define "substantive"?

612106[/snapback]

substantive

adj 1: being the essence or essential element of a thing; "substantial equivalents"; "substantive information" [syn: substantial, in essence] 2: applying to essential legal principles and rules of right; "substantive law" [syn: essential] [ant: adjective] 3: having substance and prompting thought; "a meaty discussion" [syn: meaty] n : a noun or a pronoun that is used in place of a noun

substantive

adj 1: being the essence or essential element of a thing; "substantial equivalents"; "substantive information" [syn: substantial, in essence] 2: applying to essential legal principles and rules of right; "substantive law" [syn: essential] [ant: adjective] 3: having substance and prompting thought; "a meaty discussion" [syn: meaty] n : a noun or a pronoun that is used in place of a noun

612116[/snapback]

Thank you. That's what I thought.

nt.  libby and malkin are both members of the neocon clique behind the blatant lies that triggered the deaths of something like 60,000 people so far in iraq.  if thats not "hate speech" and "inciting violence" what is?

612038[/snapback]

You don't hold the terrorists from Syria and other places responsible for any of those deaths?

You know, the charming folks who have blown up a car bomb next to kids getting candy, blown upthe U.N. and Red Cross headquartes in Iraq, etc, etc, etc......