Draft Me

East Brady

While you guys continue to haggle and dream about da brick and whomever the latest dream pick is . We should be looking for a couple sleepers like these 2 guys. After listening to the boys on sirius nfl the topic was, who surprised you this week, gil brandt , pat kirwin and a couple of others talkn chit. Without hesitation the first name tossed out was syracuse saftey Anthony Smith, everyone was in full agreement that this guy is a big nfl talent, based on what they watched in practice all week.

Next name that was fully agreed upon was this monster left tackle from Pitt. Charles Spencer. Doing a little background on him, he was a dt for 2 seasons , switched to lg last year and this year made the move to left tackle, the dude is huge and very nefty 6'6 330.

I didn't watch the game but was told that spencer played real good and judging from the SU article smith had a pretty good game also........

Here's a couple of links http://www.suathletics.com/News/Football/2...p?path=football

http://pittsburghpanthers.collegesports.co..._charles00.html

So break out the 2x4's and have at it......I can take it like a man.....bring it on.......

and don't tell me about some dude from miami with a bad knee...........

The Fergeson debate is pointless...he won't be around.

I don't know anything about Smith, but I doubt we go Safety.

I would love to get Spencer, and I'm really hoping be is around for our second pick. But every draft writeup I"ve seen says he will play guard in the NFL. I have a feeling we will just miss out on him.

The Fergeson debate is pointless...he won't be around.

I don't know anything about Smith, but I doubt we go Safety.

I would love to get Spencer, and I'm really hoping be is around for our second pick.  But every draft writeup I"ve seen says he will play guard in the NFL.  I have a feeling we will just miss out on him.

587705[/snapback]

We do need a bigtime saftey though ,,,,,,,,,,,are you saying spencer is gone early 2nd round???? maybe this smith guy is 3rd rounder???

I totally agree on the Ferguson debate its pointless and getting boring....

Did you watch the senior bowl?

I think Spencer will go early second round...I'm just hoping it's us who takes him. (Unless Gilles is still there, but he should be gone)

Maybe in Anthony in round 3....4 would be better. : )

No, I didn't see the SB. I was working and didn't get a break to watch it.

While you guys continue to haggle and dream about da brick and whomever the latest dream pick is . We should be looking for a couple sleepers like these 2 guys. After listening to the boys on sirius nfl the topic was, who surprised you this week, gil brandt , pat kirwin and a couple of others talkn chit. Without hesitation the first name tossed out was syracuse saftey Anthony Smith, everyone was in full agreement that this guy is a big nfl talent, based on what they watched in practice all week.

Next name that was fully agreed upon was this monster left tackle from Pitt. Charles Spencer. Doing a little background on him, he was a dt for 2 seasons , switched to lg last year and this year made the move to left tackle, the dude is huge and very nefty 6'6 330.

I didn't watch the game but was told that spencer played real good and judging from the SU article smith had a pretty good game also........

Here's a couple of links http://www.suathletics.com/News/Football/2...p?path=football

http://pittsburghpanthers.collegesports.co..._charles00.html

So break out the 2x4's and have at it......I can take it like a man.....bring it on.......

and don't tell me about some dude from miami with a bad knee...........

587703[/snapback]

Don't mean to point out the obvious, but if these guys are unanimously agreed upon to be studs on a national radio show, I don't think they qualify as sleepers. Remember, there is good talent to be had in the second and later rounds, but there is still a reason why first rounders are first rounders and the draft as a whole isn't an exact science. Think of it this way - if Bill Belichik knew precisely what kind of QB Brady would turn out to be, do you think he still would've drafted him in the sixth round or in the first? In other words, don't you think even BB will say it's a little bit of luck?

Don't mean to point out the obvious, but if these guys are unanimously agreed upon to be studs on a national radio show, I don't think they qualify as sleepers.  Remember, there is good talent to be had in the second and later rounds, but there is still a reason why first rounders are first rounders and the draft as a whole isn't an exact science.  Think of it this way - if Bill Belichik knew precisely what kind of QB Brady would turn out to be, do you think he still would've drafted him in the sixth round or in the first?  In other words, don't you think even BB will say it's a little bit of luck?

587727[/snapback]

Oh I understand what your saying but this A. Smith from SU wasn't really on the front pages of any draft crap that I've seen ,not that I read alot of that stuff. His name was the first one they spoke about as someone nobody has been talking about pre draft......Apparently he rocked all last week in the workouts.......Impact player was the term ...we need impact players thats for sure....we need Heath Miller type guys............Blue collar footballers ....

Looking at the info on Spencer ...seems to me that a guy that goes from dt, to lg, to lt, is the kind of player that can play whatever he is asked to play ....unlike MW.........

Studs wasn't the term, surprising , unknown , who impressed you that wasn't on the radar screen.