Buffalo may become former HC central

If Bates comes here as DC it creates an interesting convergence of folks here.

Jauron is obviously the HC with actually two previous stops with HC experience in Chicago and as the interim in Detroit after Mooch was sent away with $10 million for sitting around.

His GM Marv is primarily known as an HC where his record as HC got him into the HOF.

A leftover on our staff from the TD/MM era is actually former HC Sam Wyche. There are signs that he well may stay here since he is under contract. My first guess was that he would leave as MM brought him in to return the favor to this former HC who left the game due to health, but the signs point to him staying as QB Coach right now.

Bates also has served as an HC when he did interim duty with the Fins before Saban came in, but he earned some support among fans and players to actually be named the HC until they attracted Saban.

It would be an interesting collection of talent as many HCs are ubcomfortable with even one former HC around as fans will call for the former to step up as soon as the bad times which always occur happen.

Ralph supposedly had to beat back Marv from resuming the HC job so he still thinks like an HC. It would be a very interesting poker game or a fun hot stove to be a fly on the wall watching these four talk shop.

If they hit it off it can be a potent team (however if Jerry Sullivan has his way) and they can be baited into a let's you and him fight we may yet have the same too many cooks problem that likely would have ravaged the Bills if we had been stupid enough to hire fomer GM Sherman as HC.

We'll see.

I'd take it as a sign of comfort for Jauron - a good omen.  Look at Miami - no one is concerned about Saban's fee getting stepped on.

584837[/snapback]

Agreed, I think this is a sign of security. Living in fear has been a staple at OBD for years as we went from Butler trying to prove he could get to the SB as GM without Polian (which I think he did as the final team was really his team more than Polian's IMHO).

However, a theme of the final Butler years was a continuing effort and overcompensation by him and Ralph trying to live life without a star like Jimbo at QB. Their fiscal and player assessment miscalculations around, TC, promising a fair shot to DF, paying too much too soon to RJ, adding in the fear factor of TD being overidden by avoiding gettin run out of town by a guy he hired, and the miscalculations of extending Bledsoe and then cutting Bledsoe have really been fatal mistakes based on insecuritt IMHO.

Its nice to see folks recognizing that they are not perfect and getting resources to supplement them even though these resources could replace them if necessary.