"Bad News Bills" At It Again?

Not according to most of the Packers fans who visited us last week. There were mixed opinions on his coaching ability, but everyone pretty much agreed he was a crappy GM.

581620[/snapback]

I'm from Chicago and I will tell you that the intelligence level of your standard Packer fan is slightly above that of a piece of cheese. :ph34r:

Sherman did alright as a GM, his major failing was his focus on the offense in the draft while attempting to shore up the defense through free agency each season. A more balanced and measured approach is necessary however, he did make many solid picks.

2000:

1.) Bubba Franks, TE (Starter, Pro Bowl)

2.) Chad Clifton, OT (Starter)

4.) Na'il Diggs, LB (Starter)

5.) Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, DT (Starter, Pro Bowl)

6.) Mark Tauscher, OT (Starter, Pro Bowl))

2001 (Weak Overall Draft):

2.) Robert Ferguson, WR (Starter)

6.) David Martin, TE (Starter)

2002:

1.) Javon Walker, WR (Starter, Pro Bowl)

4.) Najeh Davenport, RB (Starter)

5.) Aaron Kampman, DE (Starter)

5.) Craig Nall, QB (Backup)

2003:

1.) Nick Barnett, LB (Starter)

2.) Hunter Hillenmeyer, LB (Starter)

Aside from the 2003 draft, where the Packers had limited picks, Sherman did fairly well picking talent. There aren't too many players on that list you wouldn't want on the Bills.

This is why I say he was "average". Pretty good talent from the draft, woeful free agency choices.

Holy Doomsday Batman.

I've never heard so many people with so little background and experience in a field (professional football) have more opinions based what they've read and heard.

I thought this was the reason that we have this board. To voice our opinions.

:ph34r: