If you were a player how would you feel today?

Actually, i think the answer is guardedly optomistic.

I would imagine that for any Bills player your views are a bit more grounded in reality than us crazy fans who lick up all information we hear from "inside sources" You are inside so you take all this stuff we fans love with a big boulder of salt.

Being grounded in reality, my first thought is what effect does this have on me and second is where does this put the team in relation to where we were yesterday.

On both these points I think you feel guardedly optomistic.

First, the quotes from Bear players (and likely folks I know on the team) is that the key here is that Jauron is a former NFL player and has a ref big time player' coach. This probably pisses off a lot of fans who feel that us greedy players are overpaid fools anyway.

However, top players like Urlacher speak incredibly highly of him and the word that he looks at things from a player's perspective rather than being a legend in his own mind like someone like a Tom Coughlin is great to hear.

Second, as far as the team status goes, anyone who takes this seriously has some doubts about Jauron's ability to get it done. He did get canned in Chicago and coming out of Detroit and that madhouse where results were not achieved does not speak highly for him (though he got hired by Millen may be a bad mark, the fact he was passed over by Millen may in fact speak highly of him).

At any rate, being grounded in reality I have to be optomisic (though guarded about this) because say what uou want about Jauron, things are clearly getting better.

This says more about how bad it was with TD/Ralph and MM fighting rather than some expression of belief in Jauron. However, havng some clarity is better and helps.

I have questions and just as I will have to prove myself when "voluntary" practices start, Jauron will need to prove himself to me.

However, because he has a rep of fairness to his players and the team situation is much improved over the meltdown when TD got canned and MM left, I am pretty optimistic about this hire.

I know some folks are upset because they compare Jauron's record to whatever fantasies they had about Sherman, Bill Parcells or Jesus Christ as our next HC.

However, this is all about reality now so lets strap it on and get started.