dom capers

Capers had an 18-46 record in four years in Houston, but he never won more than seven games in a season. He was fired after posting a league-worst 2-14 mark this season.

Makes Jauron look like an overachiever in the won-loss department as head coach.

Makes Sherman look like a combination of Bill Parcells,Bear Bryant, and Vince Lombardi.

Capers had an 18-46 record in four years in Houston, but he never won more than seven games in a season. He was fired after posting a league-worst 2-14 mark this season.

Makes Jauron look like an overachiever in the won-loss department as head coach.

Makes Sherman look like a combination of  Bill Parcells,Bear Bryant, and Vince Lombardi.

575234[/snapback]

:(

I'm in the camp that feels Capers and Juuron are decent defensive minds but just don't have the elusive "it" needed for an NFL HC (and sometimes baybsitter) job.

I don't know much about Caper's personality, but Jauron seems "old school" in that he takes folks at their word. That was LeBeau's downfall when he accepted the HC job with the looney-bin Bengals.

goes to show you the value of a good GM.  In Carolina with Polian, Capers led the Panthers to the NFC Championship Game. 

In Houston he had Casserly.

575254[/snapback]

Good point. It seems more than just stockpiling talent - I happen to think that DET has amassed a capable bunch, but I guess what seperates the good GM's (and coaches) is the orchestration after the fact.