"Jauron is close to Levy"

Rubes

Jauron only coached in Buffalo for 1 year (1985). Levy joined the Bills in the middle of the 1986 season, so they never met at least as Bills coaches during this time.

Here is Jauron's complete career in the NFL:

1973-77 - Lions, player, FS

1978-80 - Bengals, player, FS

1985 - Bills, coach, DB's

1986-94 - Packers, coach, DB's

1995-98 - Jaguars, coach, DC

1999-03 - Bears, coach, HC

2004-05 - Lions, coach, DC

2005 - Lions, coach, interim HC

Overall HC record: 36-50 (incl. 0-1 in playoffs)

Up through the 2001 season when the Bears went 13-3 and Jauron won Coach of the Year honors, his coaching record was solid and his future looked bright. But then something happened in 2002 (4-12 record) and in 2003 (7-9 record) which led to Jauron's firing. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong with his team, but it's very possible that Marv Levy saw (and is currently seeing) a similarity between Jauron's downfall in Chicago as he did his own downfall during his own 5 seasons as a first-time HC (with the Chiefs from 1978-82). Marv, a Chicago native, was probably watching the Bears' situation closely as an NFL media analyst following his HC retirement.

So in summary, the big questions I propose to all of you are:

A. What went wrong in Chicago during the 2002 and 2003 seasons?

B. What went wrong with Levy's Chiefs in the early 80's?

C. Are there any similarities between A and B?

If the answer to C is "yes," then Jauron may very well be the leading candidate.

572981[/snapback]

BUMP.

So it looks like the answer to C probably was a YES :rolleyes: .

I'm bumping this so that maybe anyone who knows anything about Jauron and/or Levy can elaborate more on A and B...rather than the typical "Jauron sucks" or "Marv is a senile idiot" comments.

I know that a lot of us are currently disappointed in this latest hire from the "old boys network," but depending on the responses to my question A, we may hopefully come to see Jauron as the better candidate than Sherman and start to get excited about Bills football again.