Good situation for a strong coach to come into

VABills

Think about it, Marv is a "rookie" GM. If there is a strong coach out there with previous experience, and some front office skills this has got to be the perfect situation. It can be side by side with Marv picking players, not just throwing a wish list over the wall.

Also, he will be in a stable position for at least 3 year, unless we go 2-14 for the next 2 years.

Actually Ralph give Tenny a 3rd rounder and get Fisher here.

Think about it, Marv is a "rookie" GM.  If there is a strong coach out there with previous experience, and some front office skills this has got to be the perfect situation.  It can be side by side with Marv picking players, not just throwing a wish list over the wall. 

Also, he will be in a stable position for at least 3 year, unless we go 2-14 for the next 2 years.

563714[/snapback]

You are right,,,its not a bad situation - people can see more clearly why Ralph should have done a CLEAN SWEEP instead of this cheap BS of firing coordinators etc etbut keeping HC on...

How does this guy make $$ in his other businesses?

Think about it, Marv is a "rookie" GM.  If there is a strong coach out there with previous experience, and some front office skills this has got to be the perfect situation.  It can be side by side with Marv picking players, not just throwing a wish list over the wall. 

563714[/snapback]

I hope you're right. But right now, anybody in their right mind would have to be standing back and watching the flames burn around OBD.

563714[/snapback]

Someone with some justified self-confidence. This situation is tailor-made for someone with football smarts.

A solid coach could also see himself adding the GM job in 2 years, when Marv can't find his pants.  :blink:

It really is a good situation. Ralph has to ante up now.

563722[/snapback]

Well, that rules out guys like Haz and Cottrell. Who would fit that mold that's available right now?

Well, that rules out guys like Haz and Cottrell.  Who would fit that mold that's available right now?

563723[/snapback]

My top baker's dozen of candidates:

1. Mike Sherman

2. Jim Fossil

3. Mike Martz

4. Haslett

5. Wade Phillips

6. Dick Jauron

7. Jerry Graybeard

8. Current QB Coach for the Steelers, whomever that happens to be

9. Norm Chow

10. Marv Levy

11. Turner Gill

12. Jim Hofher

13. Reggie Witherspoon

Apparently Mooch won't coach this year.

PLEASE Ralph, DO NOT hire another HC that has never been a HC someplace!!

Mariucci, possibly Hasslett, Ferentz, Fisher, Kubiak just to name a few.

563749[/snapback]

from what i've heard, Kubiak is all but assured the HC job in Houston

Fisher would come with a pricetag of draft pick(s), and I think StLouis would outbid

Ferentz, i'd be weary of bringing in a college HC

I don't consider Hasslett to be a "strong HC". His teams quit on him just like GW and MM

Mariucci is definitely not a strong HC. When he was in SF, he had a sit down with TO, who dumped his coffee in SMs lap, and SM did nothing about it. Proving TO's point that SM lacked the killer instinct

Mariucci, possibly Hasslett, Ferentz, Fisher, Kubiak just to name a few.

563749[/snapback]

Ferentz stated today he's staying at Iowa.

Kubiak looks like the next Houston coach.

Not a fan of Haslett. He should have been fired 2 years ago and threw Kent Hull under the bus, alluding he did roids.