(OT) Motorcyclist clocked going 205MPH!

Fezmid

It's all relative.

120+ mph was fun in a Saab turbo, 100 in a Dodge Colt was stupid.

I've driven a bike 100 mph for about 5 seconds but I wouldn't be a passenger!

70 mph is average for a car. On a 1976 100cc motorcycle or in a 19' boat with a 454, it's terrifying.

Guest turbobike

Hate to bust your bubble, but 205mph is pretty easy for a modified Jap bike. I have a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa, from the factory it went 194mph. with a turbocharger and over 300hp it goes 175mph in the 1/4 mile! one mile an easy 210-215mph....

Quite sure. :blink:

``I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you Rosened at 200 miles per hour,'' Swanson said. ``But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure.''

CW

40008[/snapback]

I was at the NHRA U.S. Nationals drag race about 6-7 years ago when exhibition cycle racer Elmer Trent fell off his bike shortly after crossing the finish line at about 200 mph.

According to the track EMTs, every single bone in his body was broken and his face was completely sanded away by the friction with the blacktop when his helmet eventually failed. The first few seconds of the accident were shown live on the Jumbotron before they could cut away. I don't think it's something anyone who was there will ever forget.

This kid had to be under the influence of something to do 205 on the public highways.

Plenty of cars can attain 140 mph...if you shove them out of a C-130 at 20,000 feet. :blink:

40160[/snapback]

I did 142 mph in my 50th anniversary vette with no difficulty at all. Let's just say I rode the pedal for about twenty seconds (about the time I became a little nervous) and let it coast down. I had plenty of rpm left though and a significantly higher speed would not have been too difficult. The ride, I must say, was smooth.